Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Can't Login to ABC.COM Using my TWC ID

Replies

• jimrobtazjimrobtaz Posts: 1
    Jan 11, 2017

I tried to do as suggesed and watch Modern Family on my desktop and the website said I had to be on my home network.I am on my home network????

• jones8369jones8369 Posts: 1
    Jan 12, 2017

I agree. This sucks. For years I was able to use abc.com with comcast. Now because I moved and TWC is literally the only option we have here, I can't. I am so mad. 

• settled4cablesettled4cable Posts: 9
    Jan 13, 2017
    Does "TWC is literally the only option" mean there's no way to install a satellite for a DBS-TV provider? I didn't use TV Everywhere services so much when I had DirecTV because of the slow Verizon DSL service I had, but both Dish and DirecTV seem to be able to log into these services that TWC does not have an agreement with.

For me, thanks to having a usable internet connection now and mostly living by myself, I'm satisfied with using the TWC TV app in the home and a Slingbox when I'm away. Without any noticeable service issues, I'm okay (albeit begrudgingly) with this compromise.
  • DabearxxDabearxx Posts: 7
    Jan 18, 2017

Thank you for your comment.

• tbear1206tbear1206 Posts: 1
    Jan 27, 2017
    I am trying to access shows on the ABC app, which I had no problem doing before with my TWC log in. There is an option to log in with TWC/Spectrum provider, but when I use my TWC log in it says I have the wrong username or password. I tried to creating a username directly through the Spectrum website using the last name of the primary TWC account holder and the TWC account number and it's says it does not exist. So what is going on???? Also, when I log in to my account directly through TWC it says I have limited account access, but I am the primary account holder????
  • James_MJames_M Posts: 2,110 ADMIN
    Jan 27, 2017

@tbear1206

I apologize for the frustration. If the issue is still not resolved, then please contact us directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp.  Please include your account or phone number.

James M.
    Social Media Customer Care
    Community Forums Moderator

• AnniciaAnnicia Posts: 1
    Jan 28, 2017

Yet another reason I'm questioning whether or not I really want to continue with cable. There are other options out there.

• LegharmLegharm Posts: 1
    Jan 29, 2017

It is absolutely ridiculous that TWC customers cannot have full access to ABC streaming via the ABC app, nor through TWC's own on demand offerings. Why can I view season 1, episode 1 of The Designated Survivor, but not episodes 2-5? Oh but episodes 6-10 are available. I know I can remedy this situation by either paying for Hulu plus or switching to literally any of the other available providers in my area (AT&T and Directv both partner with ABC). Seriously considering my options here. This needs corrected fast. 

• LT1764LT1764 Posts: 1
    Jan 29, 2017

Yes, I understand that but why is content NOW only available a WEEK later instead of the next day like it used to be??  Also, many of the Channels that USED TO BE available ON DEMAND are NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!  So, the content PREVIOUSLY AVAILABLE as you stated JUST IS NOT THE CASE!!  So, can you please address THAT issue, because as of right now, your answer is blanket and not specific to Time Warner customers who are being affected by all kinds of changes to the access that they previously had with NO problems....but since this crazy transition, channels on demand are lost, access to shows are delayed by a week, etc.  You call this AS BEFORE??  Now, can we have specific answers as to when this will be restored?  After all, this IS what we are paying for......and if things are going to change, then rates should be adjusted accordingly!  AND< Consumers need to be properly informed, not surprised when they attempt to normally access as they have been accustomed to!   Pass that on to your higher-ups, and PLEASE answers the specific questions.  Thank you!

• qmoorman3qmoorman3 Posts: 1
    Feb 04, 2017

I agree, so frustrating. I enjoyed Xfinity so much more. I'm experiencing the same issue, not being able to log into the abc app because twc/spectrum is not listed, just spectrum/charter. And the episode i'm looking for won't be available until next week, probably after the next one airs smh. I'm going to attempt to get a family member's xfinity password so that I can catchup.

I just realized, this JUST changed. I was able to watch shows the next day as recently as LAST WEEK! what happened?

• PiwacketPiwacket Posts: 1
    Feb 07, 2017

and they're still so lame  same lame deal.

Thought spectrum might improve things... ho hum

• djsebasdjsebas Posts: 1
    Feb 22, 2017

In my honest opinion if TWC/SPECTRUM is going to jack up your prices, for the same exact services you were getting offerred before the merge, then it is safe to say no reason to give your money to that greedy company. There are 20 million subscribers to TWC, and if they can't provide the service like they said would be great for the customer during the merger deal, then im sorry I would rather go with ATT, or some other company. I say we all make a movement and dump this POS company together, and move together as consumers against these outrageous prices,  and bad service, and "Surcharges" ,and fees that are coming out of no where.  Also want to mention that no the ABC go app is still not working with TWC/Spectrum 

• MimcqueeMimcquee Posts: 1
    Feb 23, 2017
    The thing is, we had access before the merger. This is rediculous!
  • TomCTomC Posts: 1
    Feb 28, 2017

Which basically means that it is not happening. That's very unfortunate and continues to paint TWC as a subpar cable provider. 

How about letting us know where we can voice our opinions about this to someone who can do something about it instead of just saying you don't know if/when it will happen? I'd love to send a letter or email, or make a phone call. 

For those of us who travel, using the TWC app is useless since you have to be home to use it (who uses the app at home anyway?). 

• ktaylor363ktaylor363 Posts: 2
    Mar 07, 2017

I think it is amazing. I know that Time Warner did not have a contract with ABC to allow the verify to watch on ABC but I figured that Spectrum did seeing that Charter Spectrum does have access. I became a Spectrun customer after the Time Warner merger therefore my account does not fall under the lagacy Time Warner, completly different company or I thought, silly me I guess.

I hope Spectrum gets it together real fast

• lkturanolkturano Posts: 2
    Mar 08, 2017

I am SOOOO annoyed about not being able to sign into ABC.com on my roku since Spectrum took over TWC. What am I paying for??????? This is so wrong. I'm tired of being taken advantage of. Spectrum STINKS!!!!!!!

• lkturanolkturano Posts: 2
    Mar 08, 2017
    You call that an answer? It shouldn't be considered a "solution" because it's NOT!
  • HIRoofer78HIRoofer78 Posts: 1
    Mar 09, 2017

I am trying to sign into twc spectrum account on abc app but there is no option for it. However there are many other cable companies that i could sign on to. Why is this?

Apps for fox, nbc, spike, usa, fx, discovery, history a&e, etc. all work with twc spectrum.

• FossensFossens Posts: 1
    Mar 15, 2017

This is great if your inside your home.... unfortunately most people who want to catch up on the shows they watch on the app/online are not in their homes, they're are traveling for their jobs. Now seeing as you fail to deliver you're product at the price point well over $100 why in hell should I stay with this service when DirectTV offers the services I need. I will wait for a response..... not to long though.

• ddavis7426ddavis7426 Posts: 3
    Mar 15, 2017

Yep you cannot access your channels  with the app if you are anywhere away from home. Whats the point of watching anywhere then?

Most not a few, channels are NOT available either.

• eadonventureseadonventures Posts: 1
    Mar 16, 2017

Very dissapointed to find out that I can't stream an episode of an ABC show that aired last evening due to ABC no longer recognizing my TWC user name and password which was ultimately due to TWC and Spectrum not taking care of customers during the merger.  Am hoping management will expedite these outages and return the services to paying customers.

• UnHappilyMERGEDUnHappilyMERGED Posts: 4
    Mar 21, 2017

Both my iPad and My Samsung smart TV do NOT accomodate flash.

The options you offer require you to install: Flash.

Therefore, DOUBLE (or even Triple) fail.

Y'all just dumped your customers in the ditch. Again.

Mar 22, 2017

I beg to differ. I logged into the ABC app with my TWC ID.

Until you merged and we all got dumped.

Mar 22, 2017
    I disagree, This is not accurate in my experience.
  • AnClarAnClar Posts: 49
    Mar 22, 2017

Password change does NOT work for me...still get the "the info you entered doesn't match our records for any streaming provider that has only Charter Spectrum listed as a provider.  Only ones that work for me are the ones that have a TWC Spectrum login.

ZIP: 76513

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,207 Lead Mod
    Mar 23, 2017

At this time you need to login using your TWCID and password and only will have access

to Partner Apps and websites where you see TWC/Spectrum listed. A switch to a Spectrum plan will not provide you with access to Charter/Spectrum Partner Apps or websites. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
    Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• chazcronchazcron Posts: 7
    Mar 24, 2017

My app DOES say TWC/Spectrum and my TWC Id and password still are not recognized. It all worked fine before the merge.

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 26, 2017

Are you able to provide a screenshot that shows it lists TWC Spectrum as a provider? 

Tyleen
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Forum Moderator

• LaylaLayla Posts: 1
    Apr 02, 2017

Thats not true. There is no ABC access Anywhere with TWC unless you're watching it live.  It's 2017 and on TWCTV online (webapp) ABC isn't even listed. Also, there is STILL an error when you try to watch online on demand for many shows; all shows I've tried say try again. I give up on this company. Finish the 'merge' already.

This discussion has been closed.