Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

How To Post an Image?

SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper

Greetings,

Can TWC staff please provide instructions on how to post an image to the forum?  The source, dimentions, and other data fields are confusing.  Normally, with other forms you just click on Add Files or images, the download page opens up and you can Insert images.  What goes in what field?  Thank you!

Satch

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper
    Aug 11, 2016 Accepted Answer

Mountains (TWC Forum Image Test).jpgA picture of some mountains for the image upload test.

Satch

PS. Seems to wiork!  You can now go to Images, "Insert Photos" is now the prompt, and you can download the images to your computer, re-position them (Left, Right, Center, and resize.)

Good improvement!  Thank you TWC!

Replies

• AndorraAndorra Posts: 16
    Jun 22, 2016

The Help page explains how to insert and image as follows:

How do I insert an image in a post?

To insert an image in a post:

Start a new post.
      Click Insert Image.
      Choose an image source location.
      Follow the on-screen instructions

But it doesn't explain how to find the source location or what image formats (JPEG, PDF, etc) can be inserted. 

• jhf5jhf5 Posts: 1,637
    Jun 22, 2016
    You have to post to a photo site like 500pix or img., then copy the link for the source line.
  • MsRayeMsRaye Posts: 25,606
    Jun 23, 2016

Must have an image extension like  .jpg  .png  .bmp  etc.

Jun 23, 2016

@jhf5 wrote:
    You have to post to a photo site like 500pix or img., then copy the link for the source line.

Is this explained somewhere?

Jun 23, 2016

what browser are you using?   for a direct photo, it should be in the toolbar that pops up as part of the reply here, it's the mountain icon after the paperclip.

The paper clip is for a click on link, the mountain directly copies a pic here

Jun 23, 2016

Mac Safari 9.1.1.

Yes I click on that and the "insert/edit image" window pops up which asks for: Source, Image Description and Dimensions. I can select Cancel or OK but get no further, so can't copy/paste an image.

Aug 02, 2016

You can only post a link to a .JPG or a .png    ..., does that help?

You just type or paste it into the upper

. the above image is at :  http://i.imgur.com/dKUpU9J.jpg

Aug 03, 2016

@MsRaye wrote:

You can only post a link to a .JPG or a .png    ..., does that help?

You just type or paste it into the upper

. the above image is at :  http://i.imgur.com/dKUpU9J.jpg

Not really,

When I click "Upload an Image" in this forum I get things like

• Source
    • Image Description
    • Dementions

What do I put in those boxes?  On other forums, I click on "Insert an Image" my Download folder automatically opens up and I can  download for example the JPEG or PNG file into the forum and download it.  On these forums, there is no simple download box when you click on the Image Insert button and because of this, I don't know what to do.

Satch

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,189 Lead Mod
    Aug 04, 2016

Satch, I am not getting those options. 

Capture.JPG

I click Upload then choose files in the center.

It then gives me the option for Format, Size Large, Medium or Small and 

position. 

snip2.JPG

Aug 08, 2016

Hi Julia,

Please send me a PM with your direct TWC email and I can than send to you through that email screenshots of what I see when I post an  image.  We are not on the same page here and it's been this way since the old forum.

Thanks!

Satch

Aug 09, 2016

@Satch wrote:

Hi Julia,

Please send me a PM with your direct TWC email and I can than send to you through that email screenshots of what I see when I post an  image.  We are not on the same page here and it's been this way since the old forum.

Thanks!

Satch

Here is a link with somebody else who is having the same problems on Image Posting, with no resolution:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Suggestions-About-the-Community/Explain-How-To-Post-Image/td-p/107265

Satch

Aug 09, 2016

@Andorra wrote:

Mac Safari 9.1.1.

Yes I click on that and the "insert/edit image" window pops up which asks for: Source, Image Description and Dimensions. I can select Cancel or OK but get no further, so can't copy/paste an image.

Sorry,

But the explanations here have been horible!

When I post an image I expect the following from a website or forum:

1.) I decide to make  a  post.

2.) In the craete new post field a little message area, similar to an email compsition screen opens.

3.) On that screen, there should be a "Post Image" or "Insert Image" icon

So far I see those three things on the TWC forum.

How do I do steps 4-6?

4.) I should be able to click on the post image icon and with most image crators, the download folder opens up on my computer.  This folder usually opens up with the Browse button or an Image upload button. that is located on the forum.  Where is that button TWC?

5.) I should be able to click on the Upload Image button select the image and add it to a thread or post.  This is how it's down on Facebook, Twitter, Windows.  How do I get steps 4-6 posting an image on this forum?

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,083 ADMIN
    Dec 28, 2017

@Satch@MsRaye@karlbeckman@reds91185

I have been working with Lithium support to resolve the issue of seeing "yellow triangles" when using the Photos icon to embed an image in a post.   We believe that we have the permissions corrected so that all users can see images from other users.   On our test account, we no longer see the yellow triangles.  

Since you are all among the most active users, could you let me know you are seeing images or still seeing the triangles?  You can reply here or send a private message.  

Thanks and thank you for your participation in the Forums! 

James 

Jan 03, 2018

Some of it is corrected.  some is not.... need to observe more.

I'd prefer actual cut and pastes of signal and error logs so I can repaste just the relevant part in replies...

This discussion has been closed.