Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

You cant login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations (resolved 5/20)

This has been an ongoing issue for me since subscribing to service three months ago. Nobody at spectrum appears to have any idea how to fix it. I've changed my password, I've created sub accounts, and gone through device troubleshooting with tech support. Nothing appears to solve the issue. I only use my account on my one Roku 4 mainly and it's not possible that I have too many active logins. It appears to be an issue with the authentication side of things and possibly a bug in one of the channel apps. I can watch maybe one program on one of the channel apps I subscribe to. Rather it be Starz, HBO, Showtime, or Epix and then I receive this error message after one of the apps asks me to reauthenticate. Seems to occur especially if switching between tv anywhere apps multiple times. It's getting very frustrating and basically spectrum keeps saying there's nothing wrong when obviously there is. This was not an issue when I was a user on another Time Warner account, which makes me believe that it could also be an issue with my account. Seems like every week that goes by after the merger service continues to go downhill. Constant little outages and annoyances. Rather it's an app outage, a service outage or an outage that prevents me from even paying a bill (currently an issue today). Ridiculous. I'm hoping maybe someone can shed some light on this issue or provide a way to rectify this.

To clarify:
1. this is at home on spectrum provided Wi-Fi.
2. This error occurs even after changing password and using only one device.
3. This error occurred even after tech support deleted user account and had me create another one.
4. Is not device dependent and tech support verified this. This error will happen randomly rather I use my Android phone, or one of my Roku's and while making sure it's not too many users by changing password.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 admin
    May 08, 2017 Accepted Answer

@Doktorijones

There is a known issue impacting the authentication for access to STARZ.  Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, however there is not an ETA.   If you need additional assistance, then please contact us by direct private message at Forums_Help.  

James M.
    Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
    Community Forums Moderator

Replies

• dstoffadstoffa Posts: 988
    Apr 28, 2017

If it's a simultaneous login issue, how about logging out out your "channel" before selecting a new one?   If you are at home, you should be able to make use of the Spectrum App, and not have to login to each individual channel's app.

• GMFreak8GMFreak8 Posts: 7
    Apr 28, 2017
    It's an authorization process each time you log in and out of each channel app which involves entering a unique activation code on an activation website. Unfortunately not as easy as logging in and out of a Netflix or Hulu account. I wish it was. Each time you go through the activation process isn't exactly quick or easy. I shouldn't have to jump on a computer and go to an activation website each time I want to browse HBO go or Showtime Anytime. As far as using the Spectrum app that's not a great solution. Compared to the individual channel apps, it's disorganized, and a chore to find a show or movie to watch. Not to mention I've found a few mislabeled movies, and it doesnt appear to offer everything that I can get through say HBO go.
    I shouldn't have to cross my fingers and toes every time I launch the starz app hoping I don't get an error message preventing me from enjoying what I pay for.
  • Achilles77Achilles77 Posts: 88
    Apr 29, 2017

@GMFreak8 wrote:
    It's an authorization process each time you log in and out of each channel app which involves entering a unique activation code on an activation website. Unfortunately not as easy as logging in and out of a Netflix or Hulu account. I wish it was. Each time you go through the activation process isn't exactly quick or easy. I shouldn't have to jump on a computer and go to an activation website each time I want to browse HBO go or Showtime Anytime. As far as using the Spectrum app that's not a great solution. Compared to the individual channel apps, it's disorganized, and a chore to find a show or movie to watch. Not to mention I've found a few mislabeled movies, and it doesnt appear to offer everything that I can get through say HBO go.
    I shouldn't have to cross my fingers and toes every time I launch the starz app hoping I don't get an error message preventing me from enjoying what I pay for.

The problem is not on your end. And yes I have considered the same work-a-rounds as you and Spectum. That's a lot of time consumption on your end that you should be compensated for.  It appears Spectrum hasn't figured it out yet. The only thing I can tell you is the problem seems to clear up in low traffic times and appear most often at night at high traffic times. It's not equipment related because I use better equipment than Spectrum. The only UBEE I've tested  was high-end and was very good plus it had telephony included.

Maybe Ms. Raye will chime in and give an opinion as to why the problem is occuring.

• DoktorijonesDoktorijones Posts: 2
    May 01, 2017

This happened to me tonight.  I was watching an episode of a show of starz.  I went to grab food and when I went to continue it said I was logged off.  I tried re logging in and I got this error.  HBO and showtime had it as well.  FX and AMC told me that the channel isn't part of my plan.  Big surprise to me.  This forum is filled with this issue and none of their solutions work.  I've reset the router I've logged out and logged in.  Now I have a ticket put in at my local TWC.  You'd think they'd have this fully figured out by now.

May 01, 2017
    Yeah it is ridiculous. I've already gone the ticket route two or three times. They close them out and say there's no issue. Let me know if you get anywhere with them.
    May 02, 2017
    So just tried watching a movie "get a job" on Starz and what do you know, I get the locked icon. It's not included in my subscription package. Tried to watch it on the Spectrum app and of course it's not offered. I can find it in search, but other than recording it on the DVR in a day, it doesn't allow me to watch it. And of course I get the "you cannot login" error when I try to activate any apps. So I gotta wait two hours to actually use the service I pay for. This is infuriating and just ridiculous. Obviously plenty of people are having this issue and Spectrum doesn't care. All I know is if this isn't fixed and soon then I'm thankful spectrum at least doesn't have contracts, because it's hello Directv. I might have a contract but at least I'll be getting what I paid for. I've never experienced such a degradation of service and support in such a short time. I've had better support and service from shady used car lots.
  • JimarleneJimarlene Posts: 6
    May 02, 2017

I spoke with STARZ and they confirmed that the problem is an authentication issue where TWC Spectrum is not passing our subscription info on to STARZ (and others like HBO Go).  I explained this to the last TWC Spectrum tech support person I spoke with regarding this, but it seemed to go right over his head.  If it continues, my solution will be to "cut the cord" and subscribe to STARZ and HBO Go directly or through the various streaming alternatives available.

• JimarleneJimarlene Posts: 6
    May 03, 2017

Happening again today.  I was able to watch a show on the STARZ app using my TWC credentials this morning, but 30 minutes later the STARZ app said I didn't have a subscription.

May 04, 2017
    I agree with you. The only thing keeping me from subscribing to the services directly is I'm under promotional pricing that includes all the premiums. When the promotion ends, I'm cutting the cord as well. Not only is it cheaper then paying through spectrum, I'll also be able to actually use the service.
    Only thing keeping me from cutting the cord on cable completely after the promotional pricing is done and just using an OTT service like sling tv is a functional 6 tuner DVR. Yet somehow Spectrum is finding a way to make the DVR less user friendly and functional with each software update as well.
    I put another trouble ticket in, I'm not holding my breath. My frustration just continues to mount. Nothing about my service has improved since the merger. Today was another day where I could only watch a trailer on the Starz app before I was locked out again. It's a wonder why legacy time Warner customers are leaving left and right. I'll post an update if I actually get anywhere with customer support.
  • DoktorijonesDoktorijones Posts: 2
    May 07, 2017

It magically worked on Monday and I thought great they fixed it.  The only recommendation they gave at the time was to reset the password.  I had already done that so I assumed that resetting it and some time fixed it.  This Sunday I went to watch STARZ.  I watched the new episode of American Gods and after that I couldn't log in to any other app.  I'm actually wondering if it's because of the STARZ app.

May 08, 2017
    I was thinking at one time that it may have been the Starz app as well. I came to the conclusion that it's not though. The same problem happens with Epix, and to a lesser extent Showtime and HBO for me. The only difference appears to be how fast it locks you out and how the app behaves when it is no longer authenticated. It seems HBO and Showtime apps are a little more forgiving when they encounter one or two authentication errors and let's you continuing using the app longer. The Starz app immediately seems to lock you out.
    I have another issue where the Epix app just gives me the error message that I'm not subscribed now and locks me out from viewing anything as soon as I launch the app. That then appears to immediately trigger the can't log in error message as well.
    It appears to still be an issue with Spectrum. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting authentication errors across multiple apps from multiple unrelated premium channels. I could see how it might be thought that it was an app issue if it was always one app from one company that triggers the error, but it's multiple apps from different creators causing the issue. Which to me means the only common thread is Spectrum.
    I received a follow up call earlier Monday from Spectrum regarding the ticket I put in, but I wasn't around to take the call so I'll have to call them back when I get a few hours to spend on the phone. I was shocked I actually received a follow up call this time. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be a call saying they fixed the issue because I just encountered the error once again.
    This time it was trying to watch HBO and Epix. Wanted to see what was new on Epix. It let me browse, but when I wanted to watch something it told me it wasn't included in my subscription, which it is. So I got frustrated, and tried watching HBO Go to catch up on John Oliver and it just spun around in the loading screen before asking me to activate the service. So I tried activating it through the website and encountered the famous error. I literally was not even able to watch one thing this time before it locked me out. So random, so frustrating, and just ridiculous. It's getting to the point where I don't care about the promotional pricing I'm on. I'd rather pay directly for svod from hbo and whatnot and actually be able to use the services then have them in a bundle that's completely useless to me right now. It appears that the only way to solve the issue is to cut Spectrum out of the equation.
    May 10, 2017
    So I talked to customer support yesterday. They actually called me back this time. I was still experiencing the issue at the time of the call, so they took a few more details and reescalated the ticket back up. Decided to see if I could watch something last night and the error seems to have disappeared now. So hopefully it stays fixed. Amazing it took two plus months to get anything taken care of...hopefully...

Now I just have to call them up about a separate issue that doesn't allow me to watch the Epix app on any of my devices. It allows me to authenticate and log in, but it won't let me watch any movies. I just get an error stating it's not included in my subscription. Which it definitely is. Always something...
This discussion has been closed.