VoiceZone Connect is being discontinued 12/2/17

FishermanFisherman Posts: 114
in Digital Phone Nov 24, 2017

I just received a letter in the mail from Spectrum indicating that they are going to discontinue VoiceZone Connect on 12/2/17 due to "low customer usage".  I have relied on this application in conjunction with NomoRobo for years to help thwart the ever increasing hoards of telemarketer calls that I get daily.  VoiceZone Connect has been especially useful lately, as telemarketers are now beginning to use more phony area codes and prefixes in an attempt to defeat or fool Nomo Robo, and I am able to block both of these with it.  It also serves as a log to advise me who called and when.

I am VERY dissapointed that Spectrum would eliminate a valued feature while constantly increasing the rates that we pay for the services.

Comments

• SpongeboberSpongebober Posts: 47
    Nov 15, 2017
    i had to use an old computer time to make voice zone connect even install with adobe air
  • FishermanFisherman Posts: 114
    Nov 16, 2017

VoiceZone Connect works with an application called VoiceZone Enhanced that dosn't require Adobe Air.

• dstoffadstoffa Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 24, 2017
    It might be time to port your phone service to ooma. Their premiere service is intergrated with Nomorobo.

• snowcreativesnowcreative Posts: 5
    Nov 30, 2017

TO SPECTRUM:

I got your letter saying you were discontinuing VoiceZone Connect due to "low customer usage." Of course it's low; one of the first things you did after buying out Time Warner was to remove this app from the website so that no one could download it. Then, when people were having connection problems using this app, it took you many weeks to get around to fixing them. Other problems still exist, which you haven't fixed. A sure way to kill an app is to make it unavailable and then not fix problems with it.

I depend on this app every day, as do many other people. It was one of the reasons I switched to TWC phone instead of using a landline. Removing a valuable app, effectively decreasing attractive features, while raising prices, is the sign of a company that is all about its bottom line, rather than providing good service to its customers.

• FishermanFisherman Posts: 114
    Dec 02, 2017

Yep - It's gone as of this morning. It won't allow me to log in.

Are there other providers that provide a feature similar to VoiceZone Connect to log and control callers?

This was the most important feature of my phone system

• Snowleopard28Snowleopard28 Posts: 6
    Dec 05, 2017

I too relied heavly on VoiceZone Connect. I suffer from many illnesses and have severe trouble sleeping, so if or when I finally am able to sleep, the last thing I want is to be awakened by telemarketers.  But in turn, I still want to hear from a few and VoiceZone Connect lets me allow those people to get to hold of me.

I thought I'd never say this but I want Time Warner back.

• jstiverjstiver Posts: 2
    Dec 05, 2017

I do not think Spectrum should discontinue Voicezone connect....we pay our BILL every month...the program is USEFUL in my opinon....I use the program everyday, several times---might be time for me to change to another company...TWC was the best...

• ramairramair Posts: 88
    Dec 07, 2017

I agree VoiceZone used with VoiceZone Enhanced software was very useful in blocking telemarketers, scammers and other unwanted callers.  It allowed complete area codes to be blocked.  It providee unlimited numbers of blocked numbers.  I used the forward feature to forward scam callers to other known scammers.  I get several scam/telemarketer calls per day.  Spectrum has really degraded their phone offering to the point I will probably seek my cable/internet/phone which costs me over $210 per month with Spectrum, to another provider.  AT&T and Google Fiber are now in my area.

• danwardanwar Posts: 1
    Dec 07, 2017

I agree!

• JBCJBC Posts: 1
    Dec 11, 2017

This is a real disappointment. I rely on VoiceZone Connect for the desktop caller ID function. This has been the one feature keeping me with TWC/Spectrum. Does anyone know if there's a workarounf here?

• kcrilowkcrilow Posts: 1
    Dec 11, 2017

Spectrum has no customer service skills -- they as a company don't give a (edited) what was working with Time Warner. I recently took Voice Zone Connect off my pc when I discovered my password no longer worked.

I am seriously considering going with AT&T for Direct TV  satiliite, internet, & phone, My neighbor just ditched Spectrum and switched to AT&T.

• Quincy56Quincy56 Posts: 1
    Dec 15, 2017

I LOVE the program!  Please re-consider supporting it! 

• scampiscampi Posts: 6
    Dec 15, 2017

Agreed, it was a useful program and it worked. Who the hell cares how many people used it? It was costing them nothing to support it! And of course it had "low customer usage" -- they discontinued it as soon as they bought TWC, grandfathered it on my account last spring only after repeated insistance, and they never promoted it. 

Today and yesterday I again asked them what they recommended as a replacement. Most of their tech reps don't even know about it, and Spectrum has no replacement at all, even a third-party program, if there is such a thing.  I've actually been told that I should watch the caller ID on my TV. Like it's always on and I'm always in that room. (And ignoring the issue of storing and managing the call data.)

Yes, Spectrum, to use your exact choice of word, I do feel like we're being "serviced."

QUESTION:
    Can anyone here suggest an alternative? Practical, reliable standalone Caller ID devices  cost up to $100. (Apparently the very cheap ones are hard to read, don't last long and/or block calls at random.)   There is a program called CallClerk, which looks hopeful, but I fear it needs extra hardware or something. Anyone know it?

• RussellaRussella Posts: 1
    Dec 18, 2017

I also can confirm that VoiceZoneConnect has been unavailable for the past ~3wks. The error suggests the issue is one of authentication, but I know my credentials are valid (unchanged).

"Error   Login Failed. You have entered an invalid TWC IC username or password."

I use this program to screen calls (very helpful when I am already on the phone and don't want to try to look at the CID info on the phone). It's also nice because it shows the caller info before the phone rings, which is a nice way to mentally tune out the disruption before it beeps the line. I also like the phone log, and also the ability to manage saved voicemail on my PC.

Spectrum please bring back VoiceZoneConnect.

• scampiscampi Posts: 6
    Jan 03, 2018

I just got an illegal robocall that slipped past NoMoRobo. How do I report it to NoMoRobo if I don't know the number? 

A tech rep said I can log into my account. No. In addition to that being absurdly time-consuming and distracting, the only calls listed there are ones that are extra-cost, eg, international calls.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,407 Lead Mod
    Jan 04, 2018

@scampi  You can submit inquiries to Nomorobo here:

https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• Msmona9969Msmona9969 Posts: 1
    Jan 28, 2018
    I STRONGLY agree I use these features also being a victim of domestic abuse .
    I block unwanted and restricted calls with this feature ,now I have to be worried every time I answer my phone SMH!😣😣😣😣
This discussion has been closed.