Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Fox News app doesn't have Spectrum or TWC as options on provider now

Just tried to log into the Fox News app and it kicked me out and required me to reregister but when i go to the Foxnews.com\activate page there isn't a Charter or TWC listing on provider.  What is the deal?

Accepted Answers

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,186 Lead Mod
    Dec 20, 2017 Accepted Answer

The Fox News application is only supported on :

Watch Fox News and Fox Business on your iPhone or iPad with the Fox News app.

Fox News

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

It is not supported on Apple TV® | Kindle Fire | Chromecast | ROKU® | Samsung Smart TV | Xbox 360® | Xbox One™ | PlayStation 3 | Fire TV| Fire TV Stick | PlayStation 4 or  Android TV 

Each of the applications on this page Exclusive Spectrum Apps & Partner Apps will tell you specifically what platforms it can be used on with your subscription to their channel through TWC/Spectrum. 

Apr 20, 2018 Accepted Answer

Good morning. 

Fox News is not supported through Spectrum for the Roku.

Fox News

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Replies

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Dec 20, 2017

Are you using the Fox News app or the website? The app just let me sign in on my iPhone using Charter Spectrum as the provider. 

• CJ2etcCJ2etc Posts: 6
    Dec 20, 2017

On a roku or firestick with the app.  It gives you a code to enter into the foxnews.com/activate page and there are tons of provider options to validate the code but there isn't a spectrum or TWC provider option to even get to.  Go here and you can see what I mean.  Select either Roku or Fire TV and the list of providers appears.  No Spectrum or TWC option

http://www.foxnews.com/activate

Dec 20, 2017

For the Fox News App you would want to choose the Charter/Spectrum option.

The partner app page tells me Fox News is not supported on Roku, Samsung TV, Apple TV or XBoxes      https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/apps.html

I do see that Fox News is available on Spectrum TV App and website both in and out of home. 

Fox News

Regards,
    Julia R.

Dec 20, 2017

It can't be activated if you can't get to the provider login to activate it.  It won't work on Firetv because when i enter the activate page http://www.foxnews.com/activate and select FireTV there isn't a Spectrum or Charter provider to select to activate.  It was working before Fox News updated their app because i watched it.  Looks like an oversight but it needs to be fixed by someone 

Dec 20, 2017

That is not correct.   I have watched the Fox News app on firetv and roku tv's for years.  If it is now not supported then that is new and that is not an acceptable answer.  It needs to be remedied or i will switch to a provider that does support it.  Ridiculous that it isn't supported.  Fix it.

• BlakeTBlakeT Posts: 61
    Dec 21, 2017

Make sure you are looking for "Charter spectrum". Not "Spectrum".

• jmaddingjmadding Posts: 2
    Jan 26, 2018

Julia, Are you saying that FoxNews will not work on Apple TV because Spectrum has only licensed it for App Store, Google Play and watching online? In other words, if we want to watch FoxNews or any of the other channels listed on the link you sent, Spectrum only supports the linked platforms for each channel?

• sandragsandrag Posts: 1
    Jan 27, 2018
    AvatarWhy can't I authenticate with Spectrum (Charter and Time Warner Cable) on my Apple TV, Roku, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV?

Fox News Team
      • 2 hours ago Updated

Follow

Unfortunately Spectrum (formally Charter and Time Warner Cable) has chosen not to partner with Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network to allow these channels on connected TV devices.

Please contact Spectrum to let them know you'd like to have this service made available.

You can still authenticate with Spectrum to watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network on:

Time to switch to DirectTV......

• jmaddingjmadding Posts: 2
    Jan 28, 2018

Indeed. Will be switching myself.

• toddneu63toddneu63 Posts: 2
    Feb 03, 2018

It is not under either Charter or Spectrum.  According to Fox News, Spectrum stopped supporting it for Five TV.  

http://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004254974-Why-can-t-I-authenticate-with-Spectrum-Charter-and-Time-Warner-Cable-on-my-Apple-TV-Roku-Android-TV-or-Amazon-Fire-TV-

I will give them a few days, then switch providers.

• toddneu63toddneu63 Posts: 2
    Feb 03, 2018

How do we request a change?  Besides changing providers?

• gcbrinkgcbrink Posts: 1
    Feb 11, 2018
    I will be switching providers. Bye Spectrum.
  • TV-GuyTV-Guy Posts: 9
    Mar 04, 2018

We liked having the Fox News App available on our ROKU --  primarily as a back up for when the Spectrum App goes down.  Unfortunately this seems to happen several times a month and we can't get any news until the Spectrum App comes back up!  Hope it comes back to ROKU users.

Thanks!

• qnwa01qnwa01 Posts: 2
    Apr 19, 2018

This is still a problem. In the listing for Roku there is no TWC, Charter or Spectrum. Why hasn't  this yet been fixed?

• roblambieroblambie Posts: 1
    Jun 03, 2018

I just found charter on the list and it worked , we have spectrum . Hope this works

• MrzrexMrzrex Posts: 1
    Jun 14, 2018

It is total crap...! I downloaded the Fox News app and it won't work...! I only have Spectrum internet and it gives me "not allowed by service provider" which is total ****

Charter communications is not affilliated with Fox and should have no say in what the hell I want to watch. How dare they block it and when I called they completely deny they are doing it !!!!!!!

Jun 14, 2018

@Mrzrex

Good morning. You would not be eligible for the App if you do not subscribe

to a package that includes that channel. This is the case for most channels.

I encourage you to contact Fox News with your feedback. In the future they

may offer a subscription to their channel without a cable tv package. 

I do see some information and content is available on the website without having to 

login. 

http://www.foxnews.com/

Regards,
    Julia R.

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jun 14, 2018

@Mrzrex wrote:

It is total crap...! I downloaded the Fox News app and it won't work...! I only have Spectrum internet and it gives me "not allowed by service provider" which is total ****

Charter communications is not affilliated with Fox and should have no say in what the hell I want to watch. How dare they block it and when I called they completely deny they are doing it !!!!!!!

Think of it this way. Just because you can drive on the road (surf the internet) doesn't mean McDonald's (networks like Fox News) is obligated to give you a free hamburger.

• customer555customer555 Posts: 1
    Jun 27, 2018

I have a cable TV package and when I try logging in via charter / spectrum on FoxNews Go it just loops indefinitley and eventually returns a non responding server error, you can NOT even sign in as charter/spectum anymore. Every other provider leads to a sign on page except for spectrum, what is the deal, it used to always work for years, even after merger?

The Charter ISP / server simply will not respond for login to foxnews site when trying to watch. This started about a few months ago, similar in time as to when Fox was pulled off the air and Charter / Spectrum just had up an add about it's disagreement with Fox, luckily this ended just before the World Cup started but yet, online it still doesn't work. what gives?

Here  is the exact error message, been going on for months for all computers and phones we use.

"The connection has timed out

The server at idp.aws.charter.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

• EselfDEselfD Posts: 1
    Jun 30, 2018

Not enough people want it? Laughable. 

This discussion has been closed.