Daily Phone and Internet Outages – T3 Timeouts
Reposting my issue from 1/3/18, since the “REPLY” button is no available any longer.
Since June, we have been having daily phone and internet outages – one to three times a day. There is no consistency as to when it happens. We are casual internet users – just browsing - no movie streaming or gaming. Sometimes the phone connection will drop during a conversation. Some outages occur even when we are not on the internet or using the phone. We notice the outage because we see the modem is rebooting.
Spectrum has been trying to fix this since June.
The following is a recap of all the things that have been done to try to resolve the outages:
- 3 new modem replacements (2 Arris and 1 Ubee)
- New line run from the street to the house - Note that our cable lines are buried and do not run thru trees
- New line run from the outside house box into the house
- New line run to the modem
- New router
- We have read about 4GLTE ingress causing issues, so we keep our phones far away from the modem.
- Spectrum tech replaced all cable line connectors and made sure all connections were tight
- Capped off 2 unused cable lines
- Modem was moved off the floor, away from all other electrical items, and on its own dedicated outlet
- On Jan 12th, TWC/Spectrum techs thought they may have found the issue. Back in April (which is when we started having outages), a new cable installation was done at a home about a ¼ mile from our house. This installation was causing extreme noise on the line. So TWC/Spectrum did a complete reinstallation.
- Outages continued. So, the Tech Ops Supervisor continued researching/working with the PM Supervisor. As a result, a few plant cables were replaced over the past couple weeks.
Unfortunately, we continue to experience 1-3 phone/internet outages a day.
?? Does anyone have any other ideas how to resolve this??
- Location: Mogadore, OH 44260 – Single family complex
- Spectrum services: Internet, Phone, Cable TV
- Modem: Arris TG1672G
- Router: Cisco Linksys EA4500 N9000 router
- Firmware Name: TS0901103J6TW2_072417_16XX.GW_PC20_TW
- Firmware Build Time: Mon Jul 24 11:08:24 EDT 2017
- eSAFE 0 FW Revision: TS0901103J6TW2_072417_ARRIS_GW
- Speed test: Download Speed: 37257 kbps (4657.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
- Upload Speed: 6175 kbps (771.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
- Latency: 10 ms
Further down, I will post pics of our recent status page and Event Log info – notice the January 1, 1970 activity!
Here is a screen shot of a wacky status page from 2/16 - lots of Correcteds/Uncorrectables
Here is recent status page and Event Log info – notice the January 1, 1970 activity!
Any suggestions on how to get this finally fixed would be greatly appreciated!