Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

DCX3510M DVR just decided to reboot and break(?) part 2! :(

antant Posts: 693
edited August 27 in Watch TV 2018 Archive Jul 24, 2018

Hello again.

I think this issue is related to my https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/DCX3510M-DVR-just-decided-to-reboot-and-break/td-p/152413/highlight/false thread (can't post in it anymore) from a couple months ago. Here's what happened:

Indoor, others and I noticed our digital cable TV boxes said E-8 about 30 minutes ago. And then, the DVR said boot and its clock was wrong (e.g., 4:02 AM instead of 12:34 AM) for a few minutes. http://support.brighthouse.com/Article/E8-Error-Message-3070/ says it might be an internal problem. Or is it related to its maintenance time (why so early and not later like 2 AM)? I tried using the DVR, but it wouldn't turn ON and I couldn't see and change channels. It looked like it was back to fast basic/safe mode again like last time? https://imgur.com/a/VHC6AqD for a couple screen captures.

Cable Internet and Phone weren't affected though (so far). Anyone else?

Comments

• 1776blues1776blues Posts: 3
    Jul 24, 2018

Both of my Motorola DCX3400M's just rebooted for a 2nd time. Spectrum says there's an outage and they're working on it. After my box rebooted the first time, I turned it back on, which they said I could in their recorded message but the channel guide was gone, channels missing, and it was in what they call brick (?) mode. I'm on hold now and have been for nearly 20 mins.

• antant Posts: 693
    Jul 24, 2018

@1776blues wrote:

Both of my Motorola DCX3400M's just rebooted for a 2nd time. Spectrum says there's an outage and they're working on it. After my box rebooted the first time, I turned it back on, which they said I could in their recorded message but the channel guide was gone, channels missing, and it was in what they call brick (?) mode. I'm on hold now and have been for nearly 20 mins.

Yeah, like that. It seems to be back for me. DVR was really slow though. Also, searching wasn't working due to its unavailability and Error: HLO as shown in my image screen capture.

• 1776blues1776blues Posts: 3
    Jul 24, 2018

Just spoke to tech support, they said maintenance was being performed midnight to 6am. I asked him about the message that said there was an outage and he said that's what they call it. I turned on the box after the 2nd reboot after I got off the phone with them and channels were back.

Jul 24, 2018

@1776blues wrote:

Just spoke to tech support, they said maintenance was being performed midnight to 6am. I asked him about the message that said there was an outage and he said that's what they call it. I turned on the box after the 2nd reboot after I got off the phone with them and channels were back.

Wow, that's a long period to do this maintenance. Midnight is too early especially summer times. Smiley Tongue I really wished they would tell us in advance of these planned maintenances. I don't see anything different. I wonder if this was an upgrade and it failed. I am going to ask for credits for this downtime in the daytime when things calm down.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,699 helper
    Jul 24, 2018

@ant wrote:

@1776blues wrote:

Wow, that's a long period to do this maintenance. Midnight is too early especially summer times. Smiley Tongue I really wished they would tell us in advance of these planned maintenances. I don't see anything different. I wonder if this was an upgrade and it failed. I am going to ask for credits for this downtime in the daytime when things calm down.

I haven't checked anything,

But this thread reminds me of last week when my DVR "updated" and went back to all the SA-8300HDC menus on a Cisco 9865 box.

Satch

Jul 31, 2018

FYI. I came back and saw the DVR was booting up at its L-1. I was like uh oh, not this again but at least it was after 2 AM PDT and not after midnight PDT. Once it was done and showing its correct time/clock, I checked it out. It started at its channel 0 (should be the last channel I had it on -- I think KTLA 5 since I was recording and watching two new episodes last night). I was having a hard time changing channel for being slow (still not ready from its boot up?) and giving me errors. And then, it started working even though slow.

I saw its diagnostics' screen for its versions. It looked like it was upgraded: https://s22.postimg.cc/pstc3a95t/Upgraded_Diags_Guide.jpg ... I haven't noticed anything different so far. Did anyone get this upgrade and see anything different?

This discussion has been closed.