Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

WiFi calling

Bobo1Bobo1 Posts: 2

Is WiFi calling available on Spectrum Mobile?

If not available currently, will it be in the future?

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 ADMIN
    Oct 30, 2018 Accepted Answer

@bjwilli93

The information you were provided is correct.   WiFi calling is currently not supported.   There is not a time frame available for when this feature will be available in the future.  

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 ADMIN
    Sep 24, 2018

Are you referring to WiFi calling for international calls?  Otherwise, Spectrum mobile features unlimited text and talk.  For sales and support, Spectrum Mobile can be reached at 1-833-224-6603.  

• Bobo1Bobo1 Posts: 2
    Oct 22, 2018

I am asking about being able to place a call when you have no cell coverage but are on Wifi.

At&t and Verizon both have this feature, and it comes in useful in some buildings.

• bjwilli93bjwilli93 Posts: 4
    Oct 27, 2018

I too am looking for this feature.  Had it with Verizon and needed it due to limited cell signal at home.  I assumed (incorrectly apparently) that since Spectrum uses Verizon's network that this feature would be available.

• NahnmonNahnmon Posts: 2
    Oct 28, 2018
    I spoke with a spectrum representative yesterday who told me that there would be a software fix to provide that service in December of this year
    Oct 29, 2018

i just got off the phone with Spectrum mobile support.  VERY DISSAPOINTED!  I was told that  they don’t support WiFi calling.  She didn’t know if they would in the future,   Hopefully the info Nahnmon  got is correct.  Although we NEED WiFi calling, signal too weak in house.   Also, we had issues getting my wife’s phone activated (took 3 days!).  So far not a happy Spectrum Mobile customer.   

Does anyone from Spectrum monitor this forum?

Oct 30, 2018

James_M are you able to research this and provide a definitive answer?

If this isn’t functional for Spectrum, then websites and marketing materials should state so.

We have 2 new phones we will have to return and will have to go through the trouble to switch back to Verizon if this feature isn’t available.

Thanks

• jasonlittle85jasonlittle85 Posts: 1
    Nov 01, 2018
    It is not currently available. I recently switched. I asked the representative told me over the phone that it should be in January, but she hesitated for a long time when I asked, so I wasn't very confident that she was telling the truth. Should probably call in and ask again. Still a great deal, and their cell coverage area is really good.
  • kristenkristen Posts: 3
    Dec 12, 2018

They told me there was - December. I called yesterday and can't get anwswers but they say yes they offer it for certain phones for which my iphone 8 was one.  BUT I can't get it to work. 

Dec 12, 2018
    They told me yesterday that wifi calling is available but they are unable to intelligently walk through the steps and if it involves the alternative Spectrum 80-2G wifi that now shows up, the password doesn't work and they can't re-set it or figure out how to connect to it. I was on the phone 2 HOURS.
    Dec 12, 2018

I was told the same and it appear they have it but now to activate is unclear. It's not in my settings.  I read online that with my iphone I might need to download the myspectrum app. Customer serice knew NOTHING and after 2 hours I still don't have it.The app seems to add a wifi profile with 7 options.  I don[t know which one will work....if I get it to work I will post answers bc these guys are inept. 

• toportimetoportime Posts: 6
    Dec 13, 2018
    Spectrum Mobile seems to only allow wifi calling when data services are unavailable. You would still be billed for the wifi calls data usage and it only seems to be useful for avoiding Roaming charges.

Hope this helps in any way.
  • woodstocknickwoodstocknick Posts: 7
    Dec 14, 2018
    They pushed a carrier update recently and it works in my iPhone XS Max.
    If you go to Settings -> Cellular you should see a SPECTRUM section with Wi-Fi Calling. Tap that, then turn on “Wi-Fi Calling On This iPhone.” That should open a page to update your emergency address. Then you should be set.
  • woodstocknickwoodstocknick Posts: 7
    Dec 14, 2018
    Kristen. See my other post. They pushed a carrier update to phones to enable it. If you don’t see it in your settings you probably didn’t get the update. You can force the update by tapping Settings -> General -> About. If the update is available, you’ll get a pop up message.
This discussion has been closed.