Intermittent Issues in Irving, Texas
1. Location: Irving, Texas 75062
2. Services: Internet and Cable TV
3. Modem: Arris TG1672G. Should note this problem has persisted across 3 or 4 modems both personally owned and rented from cable company.
4. Router: None
5. Modem Firmware: TS0901103J6TW2_072417_16XX.GW_PC20_TW
Modem Firmware Build TIme: Mon Jul 24 11:08:24 EDT 2017
6. Modem Online: Confirmed
7. Speed Test: 237 up / 11.8 Down
8. Symptoms: Intermittent Correctables/Uncorrectables. T3 Timeouts. RCS Partial Service. Mdd timeouts. Buffering Video. Web pages slow loading or not loading at all. Packet Loss. Disconnection from Games. Pixelated TV.
Typical Patterns: Issues Start mid morning and continue to rise throughout the day peaking in the evening. Issues are worse in fall/winter. Circa Oct/Nov through March/April.
9. Modem diagnostics appear below and throughout this thread.
10. Wiring: RG6 Drop to 3 way splitter attached to side of house. Split to internet and 2 tv boxes. Not sure if lines on inside are rg6 or rg59.
11. Direct Ethernet connection from modem to computer. No Router.
12. No recent changes, and this problem has been ongoing for several years.
13. Current pathping shows no issues. I will try to capture a pathping when we are having issues.
14. Yes, Buffering of videos and lag and/or lost connectivity to games. Disconnections from games.
15. No, there are no background apps that upload or download.
Recent service history for this issue:
2017 - 3 technicians out.
- First 2 did not find anything, but replaced connections and modem.
- Third technican found noise at the modem and then at the tap.
- Third technician replaced drop with rg6.
- Third technician said maintenance crew would have to come out and fix something at the pole or head end.
- Issue was not resolved and we gave up.
We have been having intermittent issues with our internet for years now. We have had numerous visits by tier 1 tech support. They identify a problem and say teir 2 support will need to come out and fix it, but they never do. Nor can tier 2 support be bothered with communicating with us. Then we contact support again and they send out another tier 1 guy. This cycle continues endlessly, and we eventually give up pursuing the situation .