Spectrum App Live TV on Mac dim with dark oval around picture (resolved 1/18/2019

savonarolasavonarola Posts: 14
edited August 21 in Internet 2019 Archive Jan 15, 2019

Noticed this effect starting today. Live TV on Google Chome is very dim and there is a black ellipse around picture. Edges of ellipse are "soft". Effect is present on both my iMac and MB Pro. All channels. On iphone is fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Best Answer

Replies

• savonarolasavonarola Posts: 14
    Jan 15, 2019

Never mind. Mouse pointer was off at edge of screen. Moved to middle area and problem solved!

• NajiibooNajiiboo Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019
    I’m having this problem but moving the mouse does nothing. all channels look like ur watching through a key hole. Please help me fix it
  • montigue69montigue69 Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019

You are not alone.PC is doing the same thing.

Please fix spectrum.

• F-G-GF-G-G Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019

I am having this problem now!!  Does anyone know how to fix it?

• srclark2856srclark2856 Posts: 2
    Jan 16, 2019
    Im also having this issue. moving the mouse doesn't help me at all.
  • Alan_VAlan_V Posts: 26
    Jan 16, 2019

Got this today on my new PC watching TV on it thru Chrome and Edge. So  I turned it off. Just wanted to chime in. 

• GurudrewGurudrew Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019
    Same here. Chrome on PC. Watching through website, picture is dim with soft oval around the picture. Can't use any other browser as sign in loops back to sign in page.
  • ziggy6ziggy6 Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019

Same with my PC too, this really sucks

• billgercabillgerca Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2019

Noticed this issue on Chrome browser running on Windows 10 on at least 2 devices but also on Chromebook and Samsung tablet in Chrome (their native browser).  But on Edge the picture is OK and the Spectrum Android app looks ok on the Chromebook and tablet.

Conclusion: something to do with Chrome browser and interaction with the Spectrum stream.

Other sites with video are fine (youtube, hulu, etc)

I have tried clearing cache, chrome / flash up to date

issue not resolved

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,435 ADMIN
    Jan 16, 2019

All, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I have been advised that the network and video teams are aware of this issue and investigating.  I will provide any updates as they become available.  At this time, there is no estimated time to have the issue resolved.  

• srclark2856srclark2856 Posts: 2
    Jan 17, 2019
    I don’t think it’s isolatwd to chrome since I don’t use chrome and I’m having the same issue.
  • nancy1866nancy1866 Posts: 3
    Jan 17, 2019

I've been having the same problem starting yesterday running the tv app thru Chrome on my MS Surface.  Soooo frustrating!!

• lubelllubell Posts: 2
    Jan 17, 2019

Same here in upstate NY, but viewing via Windows laptop. I tried to upload a screenshot, but of course the system won't let me...

Nonetheless, it's quite frustrating, and I called tech support to no avail. Hard issue to describe, but it sounds like they've "heard us" and this bizarre situation gets cleared up soon,

• lubelllubell Posts: 2
    Jan 17, 2019

Hey,  it worked!  I think this is what you all are experiencing...now if Spectrum can see this, maybe they'll get a better sense of what we're talking about...Anyone know if tech support has an e-mail address?

SpectrumScreenShot.jpg

Jan 17, 2019

Thank you for posting the screenshot...this is exactly what is happening to me.  I'm in western Mass.

• oraclewizard77oraclewizard77 Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2019

This is happening in Google Chrome for me where I see dark oval around picture.  When I use Waterfox, it does not work at all.

However, in Microsoft Edge, it works fine and I can watch TV.  I normally don't use Edge for anything, but guess I will have to ues it to watch Spectrum until or if Google or Spectrum fix the issue.

• ScottMcVScottMcV Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2019

happening here in culver city (los angeles), using chrome.

• truetejastruetejas Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2019

Same on Win7 laptop w/ Tbird in Austin...................

• ArizonanyArizonany Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2019
    Same thing on Chrome on my Mac. Safari has never worked right with the flash player. So I just downloaded and installed Vivaldi and it’s working like a charm. Just another option for everyone until the problem is fixed.
  • James_MJames_M Posts: 2,435 ADMIN
    Jan 17, 2019

@lubell

Thanks for the example.  I forwarded it to the network and they are seeing the same thing.  As well, this appears to be impacting customers across the entire footprint.  At this time, no further examples are needed and we will provide an update when one is available.  

• Japowell35Japowell35 Posts: 1
    Jan 17, 2019
    Watching TV on the watch spectrum site and the transparent blue outline around the screen that shows up when you click and then disappears after a few seconds is not disappearing so literally there’s a blue haze around the screen. Why is it not disappearing? I swear there’s always something wrong with spectrum.
    Jan 18, 2019

My picture is better today...still gets darker if I float the cursor over the bottom of the screen but lightens up to normal otherwise.  

This discussion has been closed.