Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Forum Log Out Goes To "Having Trouble Finding This Site."

SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper

Guys,

With reagrds to forum log out, the forum redirects to a "Hummm... we're having trouble finding that site" after a rather long delay.

The redirect used to go to an announcement for Spectrum Mobile Phone Service before going to the above message.  I am currently using Firefox on Windows 8.1.  It may be a few days before I can try on my Windows 10 PC where I also use Firefox.  I am posting now to see if anyone else is getting the same message on forum logout?  Please note that the actual ability to log out of the forums is successful.

An image below describes the message that I am seeing.

Spectrum Forums Time Out on Log Out.JPG

Satch

Comments

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,189 Lead Mod
    Jan 28, 2019

Good morning all!

Is anyone else getting an error from different browsers? IE, Chrome or Safari? 

If so, had you been directed to a sales page prior to this happening? 

@Satch when did this issue begin? 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper
    Jan 28, 2019

@Julia_R wrote:

Good morning all!

Is anyone else getting an error from different browsers? IE, Chrome or Safari? 

If so, had you been directed to a sales page prior to this happening? 

@Satch when did this issue begin? 

Regards,

Julia R.

Hi Julia,

To the best of my recollection, this started happening when the login page to the forums was matched to be the same as the forum page for "My Account." (My Services.)  We used to have a slightly different user interface for loggin into the Community Forums.  The one that used to say the text below the log in page- "Hint, this is your user-name and password for logging into My Account."

I think that being directed to the Sales Page for Spectrum Mobile happened before this.  But it does seem like the "We are having trouble finding that site." happend when the log in page for the Community Forums was matched to My Account's log in page.

Like I said, I can log out, so not too big a deal, just probably some mild URL code that needs updating so that the log out can be confirmed on the screen.

Satch

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 28, 2019

Hi @Julia_R  -

Same issue with signout began happening here Monday of last week.   I'm running Firefox 64.0.2 on Windows 10. 

@Satch   IN ADDITION:  I am also having trouble on logging in.  After I complete the signin entries, my browser reports that it cannot find the requested page, which is the Welcome to the Forums page. 

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jan 28, 2019

I haven't seen this page at all running on up to date Macs or my work PC. However, I usually have to complete the login sequence twice on the Spectrum page.

Forums page---> Click Sign In---> Redirect to Spectrum login page---> Back to Forums page but NOT signed in---> Click Sign In again---> Redirect back to Spectrum login page---> Back to Forums page but signed in this time.

Jan 29, 2019

@karlbeckman wrote:

Hi @Julia_R  -

Same issue with signout began happening here Monday of last week.   I'm running Firefox 64.0.2 on Windows 10. 

@Satch   IN ADDITION:  I am also having trouble on logging in.  After I complete the signin entries, my browser reports that it cannot find the requested page, which is the Welcome to the Forums page. 

I have had a few instances where I have had to log in twice where it says "Log in info does not match our records."  But I don't get a having trouble finding the requested page at log in, only at log out.

What seems to be happening is that our community is not getting simple direct clean sweeps for log in and especially for log out.  I don't want to do a cookie deletion, because I have too many passwords and user-names saved.

Satch

• SurreallSurreall Posts: 127
    Jan 29, 2019

Same thing happens to me when I click sign out.

It attempts to redirect to this page:

https://www.spectrum.net/api/pub/federatededge/SAML2/POST/SLO

Eventually it then redirects to:
    https://forums.timewarnercable.co/

Notice the address is .co rather than .com  (I notice that in Satch's initial post screenshot as well)

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,083 ADMIN
    Jan 31, 2019

Thanks everyone! 

We are aware of the log out error message and have escalated it to our web team for investigation.   

Regarding the interface, we are working on some updates to the log in process and hope to be able to provide more information in the near future! 

James  

Feb 26, 2019

Hey Guys,

If I am viewing any topic thread and try to log in, I get the "Access Denied" message shown below.  If I am viewing a main forum and am not looking inside of topic threads, I don't get the message at log in.

Satch

Spectrum Forum Sign in Bug.jpg

Feb 26, 2019

That error should only pop up if you are trying to reply to a locked thread or if you have bookmarked a thread that has been removed or archived.  Lithium Support usually suggest clearing browsing history, etc.. as a first step.   

Is anyone else getting this error or any other unusual error?   

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Feb 26, 2019

I have seen this message pop up twice in the past week or so. For me, clicking on the back button in the browser and re-posting cleared it. 

Feb 27, 2019

@reds91185 wrote:

I have seen this message pop up twice in the past week or so. For me, clicking on the back button in the browser and re-posting cleared it. 

Sup Reds?

For me, if I click the Back button and than resign in, it goes to My Account Page.  Clearing of History and Cache did nothing.  James did mention something about a new page design forthcoming.

There's probably some old code that needs updating at that part of our Community Forums.

Satch

Feb 27, 2019

I tried replicating the issue, and I did find that with some links on the Home page, when I right click and try to open them in a new window, I get an error message.  It also seems to sign me out and I need to refresh the page or select "Welcome to the Forums".   I'll let Lithium know about the errors, please let me know if there are any other errors you find. 

Forums error.jpg

Feb 27, 2019

@James_M wrote:

I tried replicating the issue, and I did find that with some links on the Home page, when I right click and try to open them in a new window, I get an error message.  It also seems to sign me out and I need to refresh the page or select "Welcome to the Forums".   I'll let Lithium know about the errors, please let me know if there are any other errors you find. 

Forums error.jpg

Thanks James!

The only big error is the delay in logging out with the Server Timed Out error, but that's in another topic.

The only other thing is that if I copy a URL from a Spectrum Site like something about any Spectrum service to help a customer by referring a link to him/her on this forum, it can take forever and a day for that URL to load when it is brought to our community forum.

Last night or early this morning, a customer asked a question on how to search in the new Spectrum Guide, and I provided a link from Spectrum's website over to this forum to help them.  I added a note that the site may take a while to load, and it does!  You get to the page eventually, but it is a long wait.

Satch

Feb 28, 2019

Thanks!  We recently updated virus scanning, so my guess is that it could be contributing to the delay.  I am seeing extended lag times with other features too.  I have regular calls with Lithium, so I'll make sure they are aware.  

• antant Posts: 693
    Mar 03, 2019

I also saw this problem in my Mozilla's SeaMonkey v2.49.4 web browser. It's quite annoying. Smiley Sad

Mar 04, 2019

Update!

A user PM'ed me and wanted me to share what he thinks is A SOLUTION to the login log out problems! @James_M  @Julia_R   Please send this attached photo to the development team.  He explains it beautifully!

Satch

TWC-Spectrum Forum Sign Out Bug.JPG

Mar 05, 2019

Thank you!

We appreciate letting know.  Hope you all are having a good day!

Regards,

Julia R.

Mar 18, 2019

Good morning @RickE 

This issue was not ignored, this was submitted to the group that handles the forums.

We obviously will resubmit the issue to them for further research.

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Mar 18, 2019

@RickE

I can assure you the issue was not ignored.  We are aware of the issue and working with our technical teams to resolve the issue as soon as possible.    

Thanks.  

Apr 09, 2019

Everyone, 

Thanks for your patience.  A fix was deployed last night and the log out issue was resolved.  If you are still experiencing an error on log out, please let is know.  

This discussion has been closed.