Intermittent outages, after 8+ in home visits / twice a week visits from Maintenance techs
- Kettle Island, KY 40958
- Cable Phone internet (400/20)
- Mt favorite part (Hitron Emta E31N2V1 - internet only) and a Ubee MTA DVQ32CB for phone only (the primary owner of the home won't allow a single device as they refuse to move the location of the phone connection.
- Arris Router - 153817
- unavailable (Gotta love the block HiTron gui)
- both modems "currently" show online however they intermittently show as unavailable.
- 400 / 20 --- 473.5 down / 11.8 (ping and jitter did not show) (Have not been able to capture the speed test results during active event, as speed test is unable to connect due to lose of internet)
- Since 12/22 I have been having intermittent outages, with completely sporadic timings. These loss of connections last anywhere from 10 seconds all the way up to several minutes. It also isn't always both services at the same time.
- Current signal page (no MAJOR problems at time of post, however logs (according to techs show a multitude of t3 timeouts) (again these are being provided by chat technicians)
Frequency Modulation TX SNR
30.40 Mhz Unknown 48.8 dBmv 33.3 dB
36.80 Mhz Unknown 49.5 dBmv 33.3 dB
24.00 Mhz Unknown 50.3 dBmv 32.6 dB
19.20 MhzUnknown 51.3 dBmv 31.9 dB
Frequency Modulation RX SNR
0.00 Mhz Other 0 dBmv Unknown
Frequency Modulation RX SNR 0.00 Mhz Other 0 dBmv Unknown 849.00 Mhz QAM256 -1 dBmv 35.5 dB
843.00 Mhz QAM256 -0.5 dBmv 35.5 dB
837.00 Mhz QAM256 0.2 dBmv 35.7 dB
831.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.7 dB
825.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.7 dB
819.00 Mhz QAM256 0.4 dBmv 35.7 dB
813.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35 dB
807.00 Mhz QAM256 0.2 dBmv 35 dB
801.00 Mhz QAM256 0.2 dBmv 34.9 dB
795.00 Mhz QAM256 0.2 dBmv 34.9 dB
789.00 Mhz QAM256 0.7 dBmv 35 dB
783.00 Mhz QAM256 0.9 dBmv 35 dB
777.00 Mhz QAM256 1 dBmv 35.5 dB
771.00 Mhz QAM256 0.7 dBmv 35.5 dB
765.00 Mhz QAM256 0.7 dBmv 35 dB
759.00 Mhz QAM256 0.5 dBmv 35 dB
753.00 Mhz QAM256 0.4 dBmv 34.9 dB
747.00 Mhz QAM256 0.2 dBmv 35 dB
741.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 34.9 dB
735.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35 dB
729.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 34.9 dB
723.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35 dB
717.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.2 dB
711.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.7 dB
705.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.5 dB
705.00 Mhz QAM256 0 dBmv 35.5 dB
693.00 Mhz QAM256 -0.5 dBmv 35 dB
687.00 Mhz QAM256 -1 dBmv 35 dB
681.00 Mhz QAM256 -1.5 dBmv 34.9 dB
675.00 Mhz QAM256 -1.4 dBmv 35 dB
- Pole to single 3 way splitter, one line to Hitron , one to Ubee and last to a cable box. Drop has been replaced 3 times, wiring to Hitron has been replaced 2 times in, wiring to other modem / cable box replaced, all within the last 6-8 weeks.
- modem to arris router, single wired connection from arris router using Cat5e cable to pc, 3 wireless devices (have tested multiple wired devices with several different cables, all with same drops)
- none that i am aware of
- connection issue is noticed mainly when streaming video connections on any website (twitch, youtube, restream) However i have been able to replicated the issue with uploading by attempting to upload a file to google docs / facebook during the outages. Similarly videos will pause / constant buffer and websites will not load during the intermittent outges.
- no background task running
In short what is happening is my upload (as well as download) sporadically drops below usable levels. If streaming at this time, it causes various issues with my video feeds, issues with browsing the net, or makes gaming completely impossible.
I have had several house technicians, Tqa techs, and supervisors out all saying it was main line issues. Since that point (about 5 weeks ago) i have had twice (or more) often visits from the line workers, finding a few problems here or there. however they are now convinced its not in the main lines (as no one else around me is having any problems, since there has been 5 issues reported on my node in the last 2 months, and im the only one reporting them). This was rationalized as my modem (all of which are spectrum provided) which was switched out for a third time 2 days ago with the issues continuing. The phone modem is also having issues (have timeout info for that one as well, again tech provided).
At this point, i am really at a lose on how to move foward. I am just needing the connection to (moderately / consistently) provide at least 50% of what i am contracted for as i would most likely never notice a slight slow down (due to how the usage is). However I am beyond discouraged at this point as each time an in home tech comes its a line issue, and even though the line techs acknoledge on occasion there is an issue, they are blaming it right back on the BRAND NEW spectrum provided modem. (which are on devices watches at this point)
Any insight on how to move foward would be apprecaited. I am an extremely patient guy, however this is now closing in on 3 months of visit after visit and phone call after phone call (to the point i can name off 2 local tqa techs, and know the area line tech and his supervisor on a first name basis with phone numbers) with nothing getting better to this point.