Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Strange Message at Logout

SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper

Is this security message legit or problematic?  This is on Firefox version 66.  What does Google Chrome Show?

Satch

Legit?  Spectrum Community ForumsLegit? Spectrum Community Forums

Comments

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper
    Apr 01, 2019
  • James_MJames_M Posts: 2,083 ADMIN
    Apr 01, 2019

Hi Satch, 

I am getting the same redirect.  I have engaged Lithium and I am awaiting a reply.  I will provide an update when I have more information.  

Apr 09, 2019

@James_M wrote:

Hi Satch, 

I am getting the same redirect.  I have engaged Lithium and I am awaiting a reply.  I will provide an update when I have more information.  

Hi James,

We need some kind of patch from Lithium.  Tonight I am landing on sites asking me to Download things instead of Realtor.com, which was strange enough!

The whole problem is that the correct site:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com

Is actually entered as a bad URL:

hxxps://forums.timewarnercable.co

I have removed the active link to prevent accidetal clickage. (from https to hxxps.)

That is leading to sites with a potential for malware and adware,  Firefox blocked one link.  "This website may harm your computer by attempting to install malicious sofware."

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,083 ADMIN
    Apr 09, 2019

Thanks.  We were actively working on the issue.  A fix was deployed last night and the problem was resolved.  On testing, we are no longer seeing the error.  Please let us know if the  issue is not resolved for you.  

Apr 09, 2019

@James_M wrote:

Thanks.  We were actively working on the issue.  A fix was deployed last night and the problem was resolved.  On testing, we are no longer seeing the error.  Please let us know if the  issue is not resolved for you.  

Still testing.  Will report back after a couple of log outs.  So far no redirects.

Satch

Apr 09, 2019

@Satch wrote:

@James_M wrote:

Still testing.  Will report back after a couple of log outs.  So far no redirects.

Satch

Tested on Firefox and MS Edge.  No problems logging out.  Someone check Google Chrome to varify, as I don't have Chrome installed.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.