Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Alternative iOS email server to mail.twc.com

twcidgtwcidg Posts: 12
edited August 21 in Internet 2019 Archive Jun 26, 2019

My iOS devices use the mail.twc.com email server. Unfortunately, I had problem with this address sometimes when traveling internationally (I think TWC was blocking certain international isps, while the spectrum webmail and my other email services were not blocked). With the recent migration, is there an alternative iOS email server for a  [email protected] email address? I tried the mobile.charter.net server (as was proposed in a previous response) but it didn’t work. 

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,359 ADMIN
    Jun 27, 2019

I've included a link to email Support for Apple Devices that you may find helpful.   Based on the information that you provided, the email account may be locked if you tried to access the account while outside the U.S.   If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

• twcidgtwcidg Posts: 12
    Jun 27, 2019

Thanks for your reply. I contacted support several times and was told there was nothing they could do about it. In fact, a few years back, I got better support with TWC (in one of my travel locations, where I stayed for over a month, I called in and they unblocked the local IP address. Unfortunately, a year later at the same location it was blocked again ). Currently, they are demonstrably unhelpful and would not even elevate me to a higher level support. When I am there, I can get my email on my iOS devices by using a VPN with a US IP, I just get tired of having to use VPN whenever I want to get my roadrunner email. 

@James_M wrote:

I've included a link to email Support for Apple Devices that you may find helpful.   Based on the information that you provided, the email account may be locked if you tried to access the account while outside the U.S.   If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,359 ADMIN
    Jun 27, 2019

I might have misunderstood the question.  If you are trying to access email outside the US, access is blocked  for security reasons.  You need to use a third party mail client or VPN to access email when traveling outside the US.   

• twcidgtwcidg Posts: 12
    Jun 27, 2019

As an international traveler, I can tell you that your statement is not accurate. I don’t have statistics, but my own experience shows that I get my roadrunner email on my iPhone and iPad in many countries without problems. My issue was with a specific case where I was able to get email through the cellular carriers but not through Wifi of the local cable network. The reason for my original inquiry was that I was able to get my Spectrum webmail (Spectrum.net address) but not my TWC webmail (TWC.com address) through WiFi (both we’re working through cellular or VPN). I was hoping that once Spectrum replaces the mail.twc.com with an equivalent Spectrum address, it will solve my issue. Anyway, I appreciate all the help.

btw, the link you provided with the mobile.charter.net address, doesn’t work for my San Diego San.rr.com email address. 

This discussion has been closed.