Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Problems with very old Adelphia email

JayLJayL Posts: 2
edited August 21 in Internet 2019 Archive Jul 17, 2019

My wife has a very old Adelphia.net email address.  For a while now, the emails in and out have been spotty and slow.  Now it is really bad.  Are old Adelphia accounts just not maintained?  Should she just ditch the email and get a new one elsewhere?

Comments

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 17, 2019

@JayL wrote:

My wife has a very old Adelphia.net email address.  For a while now, the emails in and out have been spotty and slow.  Now it is really bad.  Are old Adelphia accounts just not maintained?  Should she just ditch the email and get a new one elsewhere?

Yes she should get a web-based email that is not tied to your ISP (gmail, Yahoo mail, Outlook, etc.). ISP based email just doesn't match the capabilities.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,243 ADMIN
    Jul 17, 2019

@JayL , 

The  acquisition of Adelphia Cable was completed by Legacy TWC in February 2007.  Unfortunately, email addresses with the @adelphia.net domain are no longer supported.    

• JayLJayL Posts: 2
    Jul 17, 2019

Yeah, I figured as much.  But my wife does not like to give up on things merely because there are newer models - like her old Motorola flip phone she clung on to until they shut down the analog network entirely.  I don't blame her, as I drive old cars - and it's a good sign she won't throw me out!  

Until recently, her old email worked fine, and didn't show any issues.  It's just that lately it has become particularly spotty.

Besides, who wants to go to gmail, and have Google monitoring your every email?!  (of course I have a gmail email).

This discussion has been closed.