Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Cannot control streamed/on-demand content with remote

Jaime_CharlotteJaime_Charlotte Posts: 4
edited August 27 in Watch TV 2019 Archive Aug 24, 2019

I have an odd problem on two separate but identical cable boxes.  When I start streaming a movie, loke from HBO or other, I can control the movie to do things like pause, rewid, ff, etc. However, after a few minutes into the movie, I cannot do any of these thigs. Pressing the buttons does nothig.  The only option is to 'exit' the movie and at that point I regain full funcrionality of the remote.  This happens on two boxes at home with two different remotes so I doubt it is 'bad' h ardward.  I cannot imagine this being a setting eithher but suspecting some type of bug.  Any ideas?

Comments

• krel_2018krel_2018 Posts: 256
    Aug 25, 2019

you cannot FF or rewind on demand content!!! the only thing you can do is pause on demand content..

• Jaime_CharlotteJaime_Charlotte Posts: 4
    Sep 03, 2019

Thanks but that is not the case for all content.  If I RENT a movie, I should be able to pause, FF and Rewind. This is not the case here.  Remember I also said it works for a few minutes into the movie.  I know there is content you cannot control on demand and such times you do get a warning to that effect but there is other content you should be able to control with the remote.  This was working until just a few weeks ago.

• krel_2018krel_2018 Posts: 256
    Sep 04, 2019

tell that to the content provider. that's one reason i won't use on demand!!! i gues we should be lucky that we get it for two days. id'e much rather have the 4k blu ray in front of me vs wasting $$$ on on demand

This discussion has been closed.