Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Spectrum app through Samsung 4K UHD TV

KB1482KB1482 Posts: 4
edited August 27 in Spectrum TV App 2019 Archive Sep 24, 2019

Hello I install the app. And when used, it automatically logs in to a "community" status which provides a limited number of channels in the NYC area. Local channels, no ESPN and other similar channels. 

So I sign-out and sign in again with my Spectrum user name and p/w. Now I have full access to all channels that I would otherwise have when watching through the cable box. id like to return the box and use the app.

However, when I turn off the TV and then return selecting the Spectrum app, I have to sign in again. It automatically reverts to the "community"status.

any thoughts ? thx

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,269 ADMIN
    Sep 25, 2019 Accepted Answer

Log out of the app, restart the modem, then log back in.  Be sure to select any box that might be available for the app labeled "stay logged in" or similar.  

Replies

Sep 25, 2019

The authentication of the app is tied to the modem.  Have you tried restarting the modem?  

• KB1482KB1482 Posts: 4
    Sep 25, 2019
    Thank you James. At what point should I re-boot the modem ? While logged into the Spectrum app using my log in and password associated with Cable service ? And if so, then I can leave the app (not log
    out) and when I access the app again hopefully it authenticates under my log in and NOT the community default ? Much thanks for your help
    Sep 25, 2019
    Thanks - got it. Will look for “stay logged in” options. Thought I did but will looker closer.
    Sep 26, 2019

James thank you. That seems to have done the trick. Appreciate your help. 

Sep 26, 2019

Happy to help.  Thanks for letting us know it was resolved ! 

This discussion has been closed.