Spectrum Mobile experience

toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭✭
in Spectrum Mobile Oct 01, 2019

So far my experience with Spectrum Mobile has been great. I like the variety of phones you can choose from and the option to either finance or pay the full retail price of your mobile device. I ended up choosing the Google Pixel 3a XL with device financing. So far the device handles switching between WIFI and cellular network great with the ability to switch to cellular data if there is no internet connection available on WIFI. The data speeds are great where I live but could vary by area since Spectrum Mobile would have very low priority on a congested Verizon Wireless cellular tower.  The only downside is no HD Voice but they do support VOLTE. I wish Spectrum would add HD Voice and the ability to add the subscribers name to the caller id database instead of showing Wireless Caller.

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,436 ADMIN
    Oct 01, 2019

Appreciate the feedback, I will be sure to pass it along to our contacts on the mobile team!  

• krel_2018krel_2018 Posts: 256
    Oct 20, 2019

it would be nice if they would add wearables on there list as well as take 5g phones. it would also be nice if they would get the 75 gig high speed data plan with the 30 gig mobile hot spot option like verizon has. it would also be nice if they started adding 5G devices as well but i am sure that verizon is the shot caller in this situation!!! it would really be awsome if they let us pay the bill in the store also!!!

• krel_2018krel_2018 Posts: 256
    Oct 22, 2019

it would also be nice if the phones were sim unlocked to use them across the pond while traveling. while in another country you can buy a prepaid sim and pop it in ang go!!!

• toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 28, 2019

@krel_2018 wrote:

it would also be nice if the phones were sim unlocked to use them across the pond while traveling. while in another country you can buy a prepaid sim and pop it in ang go!!!

I doubt that will happen anytime soon since a sim lock makes sure you pay off the phone since you can not take it to another wireless carrier and stiff Spectrum Mobile. Not to mention you can request that Spectrum Mobile unlock your phone as long as it is paid for in full.

This discussion has been closed.