Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Account/Port Out Question

TheOptiMysticTheOptiMystic Posts: 6
in Spectrum Mobile Nov 14, 2019
I have myself and a family member on Spectrum Mobile, and I am the home internet subscriber as well as the main account holder for mobile.

If I needed to port my number out to another provider, would my family member’s line continue to be active and paying the same monthly rate? I wasn’t sure if the person who actually is the home internet subscriber needs to keep their personal phone line active. I wouldn’t want my family member’s line disconnected if I needed to switch carriers for some reason. She would want to stay with Spectrum.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,076 admin
    Nov 14, 2019

For assistance with Spectrum Mobile pricing related questions, please contact mobile support directly at  1-833-224-6603​​​​​.  

• TheOptiMysticTheOptiMystic Posts: 6
    Nov 14, 2019
    Thank you for the reply. My inquiry is not a billing related question, but a TOS one, and I’ve not been able to find an answer. Unfortunately, any time I have contacted customer support with any issue, I’ve found them to be very pleasant, but unable to answer the most basic of questions at times.
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Nov 14, 2019

@TheOptiMystic wrote:
    Thank you for the reply. My inquiry is not a billing related question, but a TOS one, and I’ve not been able to find an answer. Unfortunately, any time I have contacted customer support with any issue, I’ve found them to be very pleasant, but unable to answer the most basic of questions at times.

Spectrum Mobile TOS:

https://www.spectrum.com/policies/mobile-terms.html 

I don't see this scenario in the terms of service, but it seems to me that if you are the primary account holder and you port out to another service your account would no longer exist. Makes sense to me that the other number would have to be transferred to a brand new account for the other person, probably at whatever the going rate happens to be.

• TheOptiMysticTheOptiMystic Posts: 6
    Nov 14, 2019
    Thanks for the input!

Right, that was my assumption too, but since it’s not spelled out in the terms of service, I wanted to get clarification.

The catch here is that there would still be an active line(s) on the account, just not my own, even though I would still be responsible for paying for the service. It’s not like everyone would be porting out. I guess it comes down to the question of, in order to keep service, a phone line needs to be active, and does it need to be the main customer’s line or can it be any of the family’s lines that are on that account.

I do realize this is kind of a strange scenario that I am asking about!
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Nov 15, 2019

I would still follow the advise from James and call Spectrum Mobile customer service directly.  Nobody here is going to be able to give you the definitive answer you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.