Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Username will not save for login

cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 74 ✭✭

Each time I login to the forums, I have to enter my username and password. I always check the box to save the username, but it seems that option doesn't work. I haven't cleared cookies, so why doesn't my username save for forum login?

Comments

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,634 helper
    Dec 05, 2019

@cb_2367 wrote:

Each time I login to the forums, I have to enter my username and password. I always check the box to save the username, but it seems that option doesn't work. I haven't cleared cookies, so why doesn't my username save for forum login?

Does this happen on multiple browsers?  What is your main browser? Does the same issue with the user-name not saving, happen on another computer or device?

What computer Operating System or device are you using to log into the forums?

Satch

• cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Dec 05, 2019
    I'm mainly using portable devices (android phone, Galaxy S10+, running Android 9) and android tablet, Galaxy Tab A, running android 9). The save username box is checked when I log in, but each time I return to the forums, I still have to enter my username and password.
  • SatchSatch Posts: 3,634 helper
    Dec 06, 2019

@cb_2367 wrote:
    I'm mainly using portable devices (android phone, Galaxy S10+, running Android 9) and android tablet, Galaxy Tab A, running android 9). The save username box is checked when I log in, but each time I return to the forums, I still have to enter my username and password.

Thanks CB,

And I assume you have done all the History and Cookie cache clearing for the forum, right?  Is anyone else having this issue either with the portable devices or similar Galaxy/Android devices? Or in conventional computer web browsers?  (IE?  MS Edge? Forefox? Chrome?)

Satch

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Dec 06, 2019

I have always had this issue no matter what device or browser I use...Macbook Pro and Mac Mini at home running both Safari and Chrome, iPhone X, and Windows computer at work running IE 11 and Firefox. 

• cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Dec 06, 2019
    I'm the only one with Spectrum service. I have not tried logging in on my windows computer to see if anything different may happen.
This discussion has been closed.