Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Roku App

rcarlislercarlisle Posts: 2
edited August 27 in Spectrum TV App 2019 Archive Dec 24, 2019

Is there anyway to tune to channels other than naviagating with the arrows?  Any device or remote that allows direct channel tunning?   Or is there an Alexa skill that helps?   Or, is there any other device to purchase to replace the digital adaptor?

Comments

• LGTLGT Posts: 99 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 26, 2019

This question was asked about seven months ago and I believe the answer to all your questions is still no. The Spectrum app is just not set up that way and the only way I know of to get direct channel tuning is to rent a Spectrum box. 

Maybe someone else has found a different option but I haven't heard of it. 

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 26, 2019

The Spectrum TV app does not allow for direct channel input on any device. This is similar to other live streaming apps like Youtube TV, Hulu with Live TV, or Sling.

Alexa probably wouldn't do you much good here since the Spectrum TV app is not officially supported on Fire TV devices at this time. Maybe someone has created an Alexa skill to control Roku devices but I doubt direct channel input is one of them.

Other than a Spectrum set top box, you could use a cablecard device, such as TiVo, that allows direct channel input just like the regular boxes.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 27, 2019
    Ehh... only really watch a handful of channels live. Installed the standalone apps for them and we can use the voice commands to load the apps.

Not a perfect solution by any means... still may have to navigate to the stream we want in apps like ESPN, but it is something different you could try.

I have found that in some <rare> cases, a voice mail search for a show/movie will actually load the app and the stream when I select it from the search results.
This discussion has been closed.