Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Note 10+ Android 10 Update

alversealverse Posts: 1
in Spectrum Mobile Dec 27, 2019

Any idea when the Note 10 will be getting the Android 10 update? My wife's S10 has already gotten it and other US carriers have already pushed it out.

Comments

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Dec 28, 2019

Good morning.

Unfortunately we are not provided with a timeline of when that will be pushed out.

Julia 

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 29, 2019

It will be pushed out by Verizon, probably after VZW's own customers are updated. Each carrier sets their own timetable after they receive the current model-specific update code from each of the various manufacturers affected. If your specific phone variant is not susceptible to the security issues being addressed, Google and the Android partnership do allow manufacturers to completely skip that update. NOT getting a security update implies that your phone's code was well written the first time out the door. 

• toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Jan 07, 2020

@alverse wrote:

Any idea when the Note 10 will be getting the Android 10 update? My wife's S10 has already gotten it and other US carriers have already pushed it out.

If you want fast updates I would suggest in the future going with a Google Pixel line device or the Apple iPhone since those devices get regular updates fast. 

This discussion has been closed.