Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Is there a way to force logging into https://watch.spectrum.net?

antant Posts: 693
in Connectivity Jan 05, 2020

This is assuming it is at home with the same Spectrum service (TV + Internet). I noticed anyone can go there to access its DVR even on guest WAPs.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. Smiley Happy

Comments

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jan 05, 2020

Let me see if I understand... 

Are you saying that someone can bring a random laptop that has never signed on to your Spectrum account, connect to your network, navigate to the Spectrum site, and automatically be logged in to your Spectrum account to watch tv and access your DVR?

• antant Posts: 693
    Jan 05, 2020

@reds91185 wrote:

Let me see if I understand... 

Are you saying that someone can bring a random laptop that has never signed on to your Spectrum account, connect to your network, navigate to the Spectrum site, and automatically be logged in to your Spectrum account to watch tv and access your DVR?

Yup even if they are on my guest WAP so they can use my cable Internet.

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jan 06, 2020

This is an interesting item to consider. I'm sure the app designers thought this was a great idea (and it is 99% of the time for the sake of convenience) but you hit on one of the 1% of the scenarios where manual control is needed.

I hope this is sent up the ranks to management to consider a manual override of the auto-login feature.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 06, 2020

Or, two other alternatives:  Ant can block the Spectrum IP on the guest WiFi network so his 'friends' can't access or steal his DVR content.  Or Ant could change his guest WiFi SSID password more often and totally deny them WiFi access.

• antant Posts: 693
    Jan 07, 2020

@karlbeckman wrote:

Or, two other alternatives:  Ant can block the Spectrum IP on the guest WiFi network so his 'friends' can't access or steal his DVR content.  Or Ant could change his guest WiFi SSID password more often and totally deny them WiFi access.

Good idea. I need to figure how to block those addresses on guest in my router. I only allow guests using my wifi when they are here for a while and that's rare. I still want to be sure they don't touch the DVR. It would be easier if Charter gave us an option to force login.

This discussion has been closed.