Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Spectrum App for Roku Continues to be Awful

rbrummrbrumm Posts: 6 ✭✭✭

Seriously, it's just garbage. The buggy guide is slow to the point of being unusable. Problems with favorites. Multiple channels listed for the same network. SLOW SLOW SLOW. I've resorted to watching on my Xbox. Guess what? That app works flawlessly. They made it work on Xbox, why not for Roku? We pay good money for this. Fix it!

Comments

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    May 07, 2020

What Roku device are you using? How is it connected to your network (wired or wifi)? If wifi, how is the wifi signal strength? 

I ask these questions because as of a few months ago I had Spectrum tv service and the app on my 3 Roku tvs and a Streaming Stick 3600x worked just fine. 

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    May 09, 2020
    Agreed with @reds91185

It may be more an issue with your particular model/environment .

Historically across multiple services we have seen where some models of the Roku platform performed poorly because of their limitations. It isn't specific to Spectrum.

AT&T/Direct TV got a lot of backlash a while back because the model they gave away in a promotion started to run like crap after a major update to their app. They only had like a total of 512mb of RAM in them. Everyone that had higher tier models of the same generation or newer generations with at least 1gb of RAM were just fine.

Throughout most of the older lineup they were short on memory and/or had underwhelming processing power compared to the more recent offerings. There were also some important changes to the networking aspect of their chipsets as well.
  • rbrummrbrumm Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
    May 12, 2020

Nah, it's not me. 3 TCL Roku TVs, one wired to gigabit switch, the others to AC wireless.  I can stream 4K content all day through the likes of Prime Video and Netflix.

The Spectrum app was just fine well over a year ago until they decided to update it and it's been terrible ever since.

You'll see plenty of other complaints similar to mine in this very forum.

This discussion has been closed.