Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

No live news channels from ABC, CBS, etc.?

antant Posts: 693
in Channels & Programming May 12, 2020

Hello.

Is it me or does Spectrum's cable TV not have live CBS News and ABC News like Fox News channel, CNN channel, Apple's CBS News app, etc.?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    May 12, 2020 Accepted Answer

Spectrum cable does not include the 24 hour ABC or CBS news channels. They can be accessed for free through their dedicated apps though.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,284 Lead Mod
    May 12, 2020

You are missing ABC, NBC, CBS and other channels?

Are you getting an error message? Perhaps we are not understanding the question.

Nearly all of our packages contain those channels.

Julia 

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,699 helper
    May 12, 2020

Hi Ant,

I am also confused. Do you mean that the channels you mentioned are not containing live news PROGRAMING, or you are missing them on Spectrum with a blank screen?  Nothing that Spectrum can do about the CONTENT of the programs. That is determined by the broadcasters.

Jack

• antant Posts: 693
    May 12, 2020

@Satch wrote:

Hi Ant,

I am also confused. Do you mean that the channels you mentioned are not containing live news PROGRAMING, or you are missing them on Spectrum with a blank screen?  Nothing that Spectrum can do about the CONTENT of the programs. That is determined by the broadcasters.

Jack

I am referring to the 24/7 live news from ABC, CBS, etc. like CNN, Fox News, etc. It sounds like Spectrum TV doesn't carry them, but they are done online instead.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭
    May 12, 2020

I am referring to the 24/7 live news from ABC, CBS, etc. like CNN, Fox News, etc. It sounds like Spectrum TV doesn't carry them, but they are done online instead.

As Jack previously said, the networks have decided to distribute their "24/7 Live News" programming exclusively through their own streaming services; Spectrum isn't involved.  But if they were, you and a million other subscribers would be screaming loudly that your monthly charges went up again. 

• antant Posts: 693
    May 13, 2020

Thank you all who answered. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.