Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Spectrum TV website video randomly stops playing video in Microsoft Edge version 81.0.416.72

toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭✭

Spectrum TV website video randomly stops playing video in Microsoft Edge version 81.0.416.72 2020-05-14 (1).png

Comments

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,287 Lead Mod
    May 16, 2020

Hello!

Do you notice this happening on other browsers or just the one? On other devices at all?

When did you notice this first began? Forums folks- has anyone else noticed this happening? 

Julia 

• toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭✭
    May 17, 2020

@Julia_R wrote:

Hello!

Do you notice this happening on other browsers or just the one? On other devices at all?

When did you notice this first began? Forums folks- has anyone else noticed this happening? 

Julia 

I tried it in Google Chrome and it does not happen in that browser. It only happens when using Microsoft Edge.

May 17, 2020

I do see that this is the most current version of Edge. Did you have this issue prior to the most recent update? I see it was released on the 7th of this month. 

Julia 

May 18, 2020

@Julia_R wrote:

I do see that this is the most current version of Edge. Did you have this issue prior to the most recent update? I see it was released on the 7th of this month. 

Julia 

I do not know since this is a new computer I am using and I installed the latest version of Edge when I updated the computer.

May 18, 2020

I wonder if you have hardware acceleration disabled? What device are you using this on?

Have you customized any of the other available settings for Edge?

Julia 

May 18, 2020

I am using an HP Notebook model 14-dq1045cl with these specs. In addition hardware acceleration is on in settings.

Microprocessor
    Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 (1.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
    Chipset
    Intel® Integrated SoC
    Memory, standard
    12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
    Video graphics
    • Intel® Iris® graphics
    • Integrated
    Hard drive
    512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDScreenshot (14).png
    May 18, 2020

I have checked with a few people and we are not seeing other people reporting this.

I am using Edge here and am not seeing any issues, buffering or any degraded picture or audio.  Ive let it run for quite some time on multiple channels but I am not able to duplicate

the issue. 

I'm not sure what would cause this for you.

Julia 

This discussion has been closed.