Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Severe pixelation on multiple channels

cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 74 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Jun 03, 2020

I've got severe pixelation on multiple channels. I've tried reaching Spectrum on Twitter - no response. I've tried calling support only to get a recording "Spectrum is currently experiencing higher than normal call volume and cannot take your call at this time. Please try your call again later."

Seriously?? A company like Spectrum doesn't have the ability to manage calls so that customers can get through? By the time I get through to support, the issue will have cleared up. Having to wait until later means that I've got to continue with the poor service I'm getting as well as having to wait longer for a tech to come out. 

Best Answer

• ellentk1ellentk1 Posts: 39
    Jun 03, 2020 Accepted Answer

Spectrum replied to my DM:

• We are working to resolve an issue involving several channels pixelating and freezing in multiple areas in the country. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on and apologize for any inconvenience.

Replies

Jun 03, 2020

I hv the same problem since last night's update. 

If one of the channels you're trying to watch is cnn on 78, 

try it on  216. May work for other stations broadcasting 

on  several channels too.

A call to Spectrum to report this didn't go through,

a message said they had too many calls.

this can also be reported on twitter which may be

read more frequently than this forum.

Jun 03, 2020

Oops! i read the word pixalation and replied  without reading your entire message. I now see you've already reported this on Twitter and had no luck. Well I'll give it a try too.

• cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Jun 03, 2020
    Showtime and Ovation are the two where I'm seeing this happen. According to downdetector, there's an internet issue going on so I guess everyone is calling in about that. Still though, I would think Spectrum would be able to take customer service calls. Hopefully this will clear up later.
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jun 03, 2020

Pixelation (even on just one or two channels) is usually a symptom of local issues such as loose connectors, chewed coax, water-logged pedestals, excessive splitters, etc.  Keep trying to reach Spectrum because someone needs to come check out your run and test signals.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,083 ADMIN
    Jun 03, 2020

@ellentk1 wrote:

Spectrum replied to my DM:

• We are working to resolve an issue involving several channels pixelating and freezing in multiple areas in the country. We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on and apologize for any inconvenience.

As of this morning, the issue has been reported as resolved.  If you are still having an issue that restarting the cable box does not resolve, we encourage you to contact us directly through a support channel for individual troubleshooting.  

This discussion has been closed.