More Problems with very old Adelphia email

BubbaOEMBubbaOEM Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
edited September 16 in Email Jun 12, 2020

I still get email thru Adelphia.net. I was told years ago the Adelphia email address would be purged from the system and I had to make a RR email. That has never happen, hackers have hacked me, they try to get into my PayPal, Ebay, Amazon and other accounts, they was able to hack my Twitter and delete it. Someone made a YouTube account with the Adelphia.net email, after a 1 month trial period they say they will bill me, their in for a shock, LOL. I get email to the Adelphia email all the time saying we know everything and if you don't send me $$$$ I'm going to bla bla bla. How can I get rid of that Adelphia.net email. Do I have to quit Spectrum to get rid of the account # ? I've talked with tech and they say nothing can be done. If I get hacked and it cost me $$ who is responsible

Accepted Answers

• BubbaOEMBubbaOEM Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    Jun 15, 2020 Accepted Answer
    Thanks! I just chatted with Julia and she is on it. I have tried for years to get this done and always ran into a roadblock, guess I wasn't talking to the right people. You guys are great!
    Jun 20, 2020 Accepted Answer

I just wanted to Thank Julia and the team for getting rid of the old Adelphia email account that had haunted me for years. 

Spoiler
    25,352 Thank You Pictures, Photos & Images

Replies

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 12, 2020

1)  Create a new email account with one of the well-known "REAL" email services like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, or others.  They provide much better security features than Adelphia, RoadRunner, or Spectrum ever did.

2)  Pick an enhanced user name that includes mixed numbers and letters, like Bubba24#OEM so you can refer to it as Bubba TwentyFour Hashtag Oh Eee Em (that really messes up the robots). 

3)  Begin using it 100% starting immediately. 

4)  Notify everyone in your Adelphia address book of the change, using bcc for every email address. If you use dual factor authentication for any financial site or social media transactions, be sure you change each of those accounts to use the new email.

5)  Set up an auto-reply message on your Adelphia account stating that your email address has been changed due to fraud.  Include your new 'sanitized' email address (Bubba TwentyFour HashtagOh Eee Em AT yah-who dot com).

6)  Close the Adelphia email account after thirty days. 

Others will probably suggest additional identity protection and anti-piracy measures you should take.  Be well informed and cautious, check with others if something doesn't sound right.

Jun 12, 2020

I don't have any Adelphia address book, I quit using that email 7-8 years ago when they told me I had to create a RR email and the Adephia email was going to be purged, it never has been. Adelphia  email comes thur my RR email

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,832 helper
    Jun 12, 2020

Greetings,

To add to this discussion, the Adelphia/Road Runner email system is too old and has not been updated in YEARS. Spectrum has done some slight email modifications. But many of us strongly recommend the use of a free webmail client. Webmail will be yours forever, is updated regularly, and is more consistent with security and modern technology. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com are all free and are all excellent!

The BEST Webmail Ad Blocker out there for all three of these free webmail providers, comes from web extensions developer and programmer Jason Savard who writes great extensions for the main browsers. (Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.) You can read his reviews online as well. Mozilla Firefox even recommends his email ad blocker:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/webmail-ad-blocker/

Go to Jason's site in the browser of your choice to get Jason's email ad blocker (below: )

https://jasonsavard.com/

Get his web mail blocker, I have not used his other extensions, but this guy has strong credentials as he works on extensions 24x7.  One note is that Jason's email ad blocker only works for Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com mail only!  It does not block other types of banner ad content on the web, so if you still use Ad Block or Ad Block Plus, keep using that for other content

The thing is that Ad Block Plus only blocks some email ads but not others, and Yahoo Mail has found a way to force people to turn off Ad Block Plus where you either have to accept Yahoo's crappy ads, or go to Yahoo Premium mail, for a monthly fee, or be reduced to a very basic free email.

Jason's email ad-blocker hides ALL banner ads in the above popular email programs, in fact, if I am at Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com. I just turn off Ad Block Plus to avoid any conflict with Jason's extention. (But remember, do this only at the big three email sites above.)

Satch

Jun 12, 2020
    You do not understand, there is no password to change. It's and old account Time Warner never purged from the system when they bought Adelphia. I can change my RR email password, but what good would that do. the adelphia email come in care of my RR email
    Jun 12, 2020

Untitled1.jpg

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,414 Lead Mod
    Jun 13, 2020

Hello!

Please contact us directly at Forums_Help  Please include your account number, verification of your service address and the customer code you can find on your statement. 

We can look into getting that email address taken care of for you.  Ideally you would like to have the email address deleted? 

Julia 

Jun 14, 2020
    I would love to see the Adelphia email get deleted from my RR email account. I went to the Forums_Help and can't find any place to contact you with the info you ask for, Sorry new to these forums
    Jun 14, 2020

I'm sorry that isn't working.

If you will DM us on Twitter @Ask_Spectrum or PM on Facebook.com/Spectrum and ask for me, let them know I have asked you to ask for me specifically, we can get things going there.

Julia 

Jun 14, 2020
    I have chatted with someone on Friday (^ST) and a ( -Francine) on FB Spectrum and they are having me mark all email to the Adelphia as spam. I don't know where their going with it.
    Jun 14, 2020

I would like to have you contact us again tomorrow after 8:30AM and let them know that I have asked you to contact me on the forums. You can give them the URL for our conversation here. I will be able to then jump into that and we can get this taken care of.

Thanks!

Julia 

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    Jun 15, 2020

@BubbaOEM wrote:
    I have chatted with someone on Friday (^ST) and a ( -Francine) on FB Spectrum and they are having me mark all email to the Adelphia as spam. I don't know where their going with it.

@BubbaOEM , 

Good morning.  I wanted to let you know that the image that you uploaded contained private information, so the image was rejected.  You may be able to view the image, but none of your Forum peers will be able to view the image.   

As well,  I was able to locate your Facebook conversation when you contacted the Social Media team on Friday.   I flagged the conversation, so all you need to do is reply asking for Julia and it will be assigned to her for follow up.   We need to verify some additional information, then one of our email contacts will be able to remove the "adelphia.net" email alias. 

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you. 

James 

This discussion has been closed.