Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

email filter

randyraydrandyrayd Posts: 3
in Email Jun 17, 2020

Is there a filter available on Spectrum webmail?  I keep getting spam from different companies that have the same subject line, but are from several companies.  So far I've asked to be removed from 8 emails lists, but keep getting emails to my first initial and full last time, all lower case, which is in every email subject line.

Best Answer

• ddeerrffddeerrff Posts: 146 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 18, 2020 Accepted Answer

Sounds like you are using the webmail portal https://webmail.spectrum.net/mail  .  Simply click on the "settings" button, and then click on "Filters and Blocked Senders".  You can create your filter there. 

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,746 helper
    Jun 17, 2020

@randyrayd wrote:

Is there a filter available on Spectrum webmail?  I keep getting spam from different companies that have the same subject line, but are from several companies.  So far I've asked to be removed from 8 emails lists, but keep getting emails to my first initial and full last time, all lower case, which is in every email subject line.

Hello,

We would recommend contacting one of our forum administrators through PM with your account information and screenshot samples of the spam email for them to investigate. Please contact @James_M  or @Julia_R  for assistance in this matter.

You can also consider switching to a free and much more secure/ up-to-date, Web Mail client than Spectrum Mail.  Yahoo Mail, Gmail, and Outlook.com are free, always up-to-date, and are accessible from anywhere in the world with a web-browser and Internet connection.  Additionally, to stop web-mail banner ads consider adding program/browser extension  developer Jason Savard's outstanding email ad-blocker  offered here:

https://jasonsavard.com/?ref=WABPopup

It is available for Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome.

Satch

• randyraydrandyrayd Posts: 3
    Jun 18, 2020
    Thank you. I was able to navigate to the settings page but wanted you to know that the URL in your suggested solution led to an error 404 page. Thank you again.
  • randyraydrandyrayd Posts: 3
    Jun 18, 2020
    Thank you for this suggestion but I have had this particular email since 1998. I do have other email addresses but want to keep this one as my primary.
This discussion has been closed.