Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

started with T3 problems HELP

jazo97jazo97 Posts: 4
in Connectivity Jul 06, 2020

starting to have intermitent connection,...

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

• jazo97jazo97 Posts: 4
    Jul 11, 2020 Accepted Answer

I did some test, took a new drop directly from Spectrum to the modem bypassing the original cable inside the walls. the problem went away.

I started inspecting the home cable, found a splitter in the attic, a four way splitter, the feed, and then two branches for two different rooms. (nice electrical work considering we purchase the house new) anyway, i removed the splitter and retested, all good now.

thanks

Replies

Jul 06, 2020

This is in Laredo, TX, modem is a Netgear CM1000 V3.01.06 firmware, all is running on RG6, straight to the modem, no splitters, I don’t have any other service. We stream and kids play online this happens randomly and during the heat of the day is more often.

Jul 06, 2020

Capturelog.PNG

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jul 06, 2020

Not sure of anyone else, but I cannot see the images. Can you copy and paste the modem's signal levels rather than inserting as an image?

• LGTLGT Posts: 94 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 06, 2020

Images weren't showing up for me at first, but they are now. I believe I read in a previous post that all posted images must be approved by a mod before they are allowed to be visible.  This causes a delay, but does prevent images that might cause trouble from being posted. 

Can a mod confirm this?

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 06, 2020
    The 41-ish upstream power looks a bit suspicious... like it is getting boosted a bit.

If a drop amp is in play, it could be having issues... and if it is where it gets exposed to the heat, it could be exascerbating those issues. If there is one on the line, might be worth bypassing it to see if the signal is good enough on it's own since you are internet only--may have enough clear signal with a dedicated line that it no longer needs boosting.