Original channel disappears if I try to unselect duplicated ones in Favorites. Is this a bug?

I added a few channels to my Favorites in Spectrum app. When I went to look at my Favorites, there was at least one duplicate of each that were added automatically. If I try to remove any duplicate channel by unselecting the blue heart symbol, the original channel disappears as well.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thank you.

Comments

• LGTLGT Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 08, 2020

This seems to be true for the Spectrum app on iOS.  They seem to choose all instances of a network if you choose that network. For example if I favorite BBC America it is favorited on all three numerical channels it is shown on: 87,  225 and 1225.  This seems to be a bug as it does not work that way on my cable box.  This is the way a blocked channel works on the cable box, so I assume it is just lazy programming. Welcome to the Spectrum app. 

I also wonder why Spectrum is still holding on to the use of as many as three channels for a single network. I understand it used to be because HD channels were transmitted on the 1000 channels, but that seems to have ended. Now no matter which of the three I tune in it gives me an HD signal. Seems like a waste of channel numbers. 

• GoGetterGoGetter Posts: 3
    Jul 08, 2020

@LGT wrote:

Now no matter which of the three I tune in it gives me an HD signal. Seems like a waste of channel numbers. 

Agreed. It looks like no one has looked into, or even aware of this for a while now. I mean, the issue is not critical, but a little annoying everytime I see it multiple times in my Favorites.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,811 helper
    Jul 09, 2020

@GoGetter wrote:

I added a few channels to my Favorites in Spectrum app. When I went to look at my Favorites, there was at least one duplicate of each that were added automatically. If I try to remove any duplicate channel by unselecting the blue heart symbol, the original channel disappears as well.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thank you.

Is this Apple TV, Android, or Roku? Version number if known please?

Satch

• GoGetterGoGetter Posts: 3
    Jul 10, 2020

@Satch wrote:

Satch

Hi, this was on iPhone XR/iOS (app version 8.12), but then again, it was also reflected on my Roku's latest Spectrum app. Thanks.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,811 helper
    Jul 10, 2020

@GoGetter wrote:

@Satch wrote:

Satch

Hi, this was on iPhone XR/iOS (app version 8.12), but then again, it was also reflected on my Roku's latest Spectrum app. Thanks.

Moving this to our Spectrum Apple IOS Forum, so as customers don't confuse it with a converter box problem.  Note that this can only be moved to one forum, but TWO systems are affected XR/IOS (Version 8.12) and the Roku.  Thanks for sharing.

Satch

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,402 Lead Mod
    Jul 11, 2020

Hello. 

For now this is how the app is intended to function. it is my understanding that this 

will be changed in a future update. Until then if you favorite/remove from your favorites to  one it will do the same to  the other channels as well. 

Julia 

This discussion has been closed.