Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

DCX3510M DVR stopped recording a TV series' new episodes.

antant Posts: 693
in TV Equipment Jul 22, 2020

Hello.

I noticed the old DCX3510M DVR (TWC's Navigator) stopped recording DC's Stargirl TV series' new episodes. DVR's series manager showed it in the top, but somehow it didn't start recording tonight's and next week's new episodes. I had to delete this series and readd it through/via search to make it to detect and record new episodes again. Smiley Sad Thanks God I noticed it before the new episode started tonight! Has anyone else had this happened before? Is it a new bug or something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. Smiley Happy

Comments

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper
    Jul 23, 2020

@ant wrote:

Hello.

I noticed the old DCX3510M DVR (TWC's Navigator) stopped recording DC's Stargirl TV series' new episodes. DVR's series manager showed it in the top, but somehow it didn't start recording tonight's and next week's new episodes. I had to delete this series and readd it through/via search to make it to detect and record new episodes again. Smiley Sad Thanks God I noticed it before the new episode started tonight! Has anyone else had this happened before? Is it a new bug or something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. Smiley Happy

Hi Ant,

Probably nothing to worry about. There are times when Gracenote's listings get updated, and it is possible that the old listings may have gotten corrupted in the database. There are times, when even if the smallest item changes with the Gracenote data, the show will not record.  You did the right thing by deleting the series and re-selecting the series to record.  Let's hope that the issue does not happen again,

For reference, on your ODN Navigator box, what are the conditions that you have set up for recording that series?  Things like "Number of episodes to keep?"  "New episodes or all episodes?" Any start time filters or channel filters?  In DVR list, what if any conflict messages did you get regarding the series?  Was it "Settop was unable to record the program?"  Was the number in parenthesis a (5?)

Years ago, we had this issue where some shows would show that error message and others did not. Tech came out, found our main cable line was almost completely dead!  He did a complete rewiring of the house, which made our signal levels great, and I do not recall the DVR missing a show since.  And this is the six-tuner Cisco 9865.

Satch

• antant Posts: 693
    Jul 23, 2020

@Satch wrote:

For reference, on your ODN Navigator box, what are the conditions that you have set up for recording that series?  Things like "Number of episodes to keep?"  "New episodes or all episodes?" Any start time filters or channel filters?  In DVR list, what if any conflict messages did you get regarding the series?  Was it "Settop was unable to record the program?"  Was the number in parenthesis a (5?)

Years ago, we had this issue where some shows would show that error message and others did not. Tech came out, found our main cable line was almost completely dead!  He did a complete rewiring of the house, which made our signal levels great, and I do not recall the DVR missing a show since.  And this is the six-tuner Cisco 9865.

Satch

I had DC's Stargirl series to record and keep ALL new episodes with a few minutes before and after. Guide has subscribed channel filter, and DVR showed no conflicts and errors. Dang, I wished Spectrum give out those six tuners DVR. Do you have TWC's former whole DVR house setup?

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,636 helper
    Jul 23, 2020

@ant wrote:

@Satch wrote:

Satch

I had DC's Stargirl series to record and keep ALL new episodes with a few minutes before and after. Guide has subscribed channel filter, and DVR showed no conflicts and errors. Dang, I wished Spectrum give out those six tuners DVR. Do you have TWC's former whole DVR house setup?

Ant,

No WHDVR, just the six tuner box.

Satch

• Van860Van860 Posts: 1
    Aug 05, 2020

I noticed this last week, the guide had it listed two different ways, 1 week it was DC's Stargirl and the next just Stargirl (minus the DC's in front). Keep an eye out if it is different from the series recording setup. I setup a 2nd series recording for the one I didn't have so that no matter which it is it will record.