Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Does Spectrum have a way for me to check if I'm in an outage?

OboeGalOboeGal Posts: 1
in Connectivity Jul 30, 2020

I know there's a banner showing up when I'm in an outage, but sometimes I may be the first one to notice. Can I report one? Or find out if there's one happening even though the banner doesn't show?

Replies

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Jul 30, 2020

You would probably have to contact its support about it. I think how it works is when they get enough reports of issues, then they will post a banner. For an example with last night's nation wide outage, app and its interactive AI support (on cellular data) didn't say any outages until a hour later. I wished they would send me e-mails and texts of known outages which I never do get even though they have my contact datas! I have to check for reports manually!

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 30, 2020

When you call the number on your bill, the auto attendant will notify you if an outage/maintenance has been noted in your area. If not, it may walk you through some basic troubleshooting steps before it offers to connect you to an agent.

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Jul 30, 2020

RAIST5150: That's like the online chat support. Automated system before the live person agent. :)

• rocketjetzrocketjetz Posts: 129 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 31, 2020