**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

why can't I return Apple TV

I have internet with Spectrum. Since they send me at least two letters per week to get cable I finally said ok. I pay $69 for internet only so wanted basic cable for $44 plus $44 for the internet. I just wanted to watch tv with a few more channels than I get with my antenna. The Spectrum guy said the Apple TV would be perfect for me. I said ok. But this is not basic cable. It is a streaming service, which i do not want since I already have Netflix. Today I waited over an hour at the Clairemont Spectrum only to be told I could only return the modem, but not the Apple TV and that I would have to take it to UPS. I came home to call to make sure i had the right return label and was told i could not return the Apple Tv and that I would be charged $187, (it is only $149 at Best Buy). I have been a Time Warner/Spectrum customer for a long time and just took the product back to the store when my needs changed. But this time they won't take back the product I got from them, that does not provide what I asked for. How is this even legal? I do not want the Apple TV and I do not want to get stuck paying $187 for it. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

This discussion has been closed.