Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Equipment activation issues

jfcaacjfcaac Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 21 in Connectivity Aug 05, 2020

Been trying to activate my new modem for a week now. Every time I try to activate it on line, I get "Ooops, something failed, please call our support line". You call the support #, and the system says there are network issues preventing activating the modem, would I like an auto call back when they have repaired the problem. I say yes. The next day I get the automated call saying everything is OK now, try again. Yet the same thing keeps happening in a loop, no way to speak with a real person. Anyone got a secret # to get a live body?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,287 Lead Mod
    Aug 07, 2020

@jfcaac Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Have you been able to get that modem activated?

Julia_R

• jfcaacjfcaac Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Aug 08, 2020

Still not able to.

Aug 08, 2020

I am sorry to hear this. Has the home had service before now and you are just swapping the modem?

If the outlet is not live you may not be able to complete that. We may need to send a technician out. What happens when you have phoned in? Were you dialing 1-855-707-7328 ?

Julia_R

Aug 09, 2020

Hi Julia, this is an upgrade from 100 to 400 meg service, just a modem swap. Been calling the

855-632-7020, as directed by the Spectrum site. Will try the number you just mentioned. Wish me luck!

Aug 09, 2020

Julia, just tried the number you provided, goes to the same recording as the one I been calling. :(

Aug 09, 2020

@jfcaac That is the main number. You should get a recording with a number of options. You would need to select the option that best suits the circumstance to get to an agent who can help you get that activated, or get an appointment for you if there is no connection to the modem at all.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.