Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Why does TV app default to Channel 215? I want it to default to last ch.watched. How do I do this?

channelchannel Posts: 1

I want my Roku Spectrum TV app to open to last channel watched. How do I do this? This recently started and I don't like it., even ch. filters don't stick they keep defaulting to All Channels. Why did Spectrum screw this up? Will it be fixed? Is there anything I can do?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,243 ADMIN
    Aug 10, 2020

There was a recent update to the app. Have you tried power cycling the Roku?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,243 ADMIN
    Aug 10, 2020

Also, you may want to try this:

From Spectrum TV for Roku: Settings, here is how to manage the Startup Channel:

• CcpCcp Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Aug 12, 2020

When I sign in to the spectrum app on my roku tv, there is no “settings tab”

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,284 Lead Mod
    Aug 12, 2020

@Ccp

We recently updated the app to resolve this issue. Do you know your Roku model number and software version?

What version of the App are you using please? Do you see a date listed on that?

If you click the Home button do you see Settings?

Julia_R

Aug 13, 2020

Hi Julia!

Thanks for you response.

The software version is 9.3.0 Build 4194

It states the last update was 8/7

When I press the home button, I do see Settings, but nothing there allows me to adjust the last channel used.

Aug 13, 2020

And my Roku model # is 8104x.

I can access the setting button on the Roku general screen, but not within the Spectrum app.

edited August 13 Aug 13, 2020

@Ccp I am not finding that model number. In the list it goes up into the 4000 Roku Ultra (4670) is the highest number I found.

On your Roku, if you will please go to Settings > System > About and find your Model and Software version. Thank you.

(edit, dug a little further, this is a Roku TV set? )

Julia_R

Aug 13, 2020

Yes, it is a TCL model 40S305 Roku tv 8104X and the software version is 9.3.0 build 4194-48

Aug 15, 2020

@channel What model Roku are you using?

Anyone else reading this discussion are you still experiencing this? If so what model are you using?

Julia_R