You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV App won’t connect via wifi on any device... How to fix? SOLVED - Reboot the Modem

MidwestJulie
MidwestJulie Posts: 2 Spectator

The app will connect if I turn on cellular data, but not via wifi. I’m not sure if it’s just not connecting to the wifi. I’ve already tried....

1. Deleting the app and reloading.
  2. Resetting my IOS device....many times.
  3. Deleting the wifi network and reloading. Yes, this is my home wifi network where this app has worked wonderfully for over a year. Now a week ago, around the beginning of Aug 2020, it just stopped working. Not sure if anything was updated then, but this is not just IOS, the app doesn’t work now on my Chromebook either, which worked fine before also.
  4. Fiddled with every Spectrum setting possible in the settings...no combination seems to make a difference.

I’m getting very frustrated. How do I fix this? Or is this an app problem that YOU need to fix?

FOR EVERYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.....RESET YOUR MODEM. ALL FIXED.

Best Answer

• MidwestJulie
    MidwestJulie Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓

FOR EVERYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.....RESET YOUR MODEM. ALL FIXED.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited August 2020

@MidwestJulie ,

Welcome and thanks for the post.

The Spectrum TV app recognizes your home network by syncing with the modem. Sometimes, the sync is lost and restarting the modem usually resolves the issue.

I copied your solution to a new post so it could marked as answered.

This discussion has been closed.