Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Ongoing audio issue

cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
edited August 14 in TV Equipment Aug 14, 2020

Pretty much since starting Spectrum service, I have been experiencing issues with the audio cutting out. Multiple techs have been out and NONE have been able to successfully identify the problem. The audio cuts out multiple times, and conveniently, I seem to be the ONLY Spectrum customer with this issue. No splitters are being used that would degrade the signal. Here is a summary of what has been done so far:

-- New line run from the outside into my apartment

-- New coax connectors installed multiple times on both ends of the coax cable (wall side and box side)

-- Case has been escalated to local area management several times; latest escalation had a "quality control" tech come out.

-- New coax cable from the wall to the box put in place

-- Conducted troubleshooting by running the HDMI cable to the TV instead of the receiver - audio still cuts out.

I really don't want to replace the box, and I have addressed this concern several times but I don't think the concern is being heard. I pay for DVR service and I have recordings that I want to keep and watch again from time to time. I'm not paying for DVR service each month to keep a box around for 2-3 months or whatever and then turn it in and start over again.

What more can be done at this point?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,269 ADMIN
    Aug 18, 2020

Sounds like all troubleshooting has been completed. The next step would be to replace the equipment.

• cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    Aug 26, 2020

Picked up a new box and not surprisingly, there was no change. Over the past several days, my service has become worse.

The AMC channel I know for sure has always had audio cutting out. Now it's progressed to CNN, FYI, and Spectrum News 1. Spectrum News 1 in particular has severe pixelation about every 3 - 5 minutes.

Multiple techs over the past several months finally led n to what I assume was another tech and a field supervisor who came out for my latest appointment. Why has it taken this long to figure out that at least with AMC that supposedly it's a broadcast issue (the way the signal is coming into Spectrum). Why has this been allowed to progress for months without any action being taken?

Supposedly CNN and FYI are either on the same frequency or next to the frequency that AMC is on and that explains the issue with those channels? What's the deal with Spectrum News 1?

How much longer will I have to continue dealing with this? It really would be easier to just switch to more reliable service at this point.