Not able to rewind recorded programs with Logitech Harmony but can rewind YouTube

Pasjr1972Pasjr1972 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all,

Here is what I have.

1. Apple tv 4k
  2. Apple remote
  3. Logitech Harmony remote.

If I am watching YouTube, Netflix, etc then the rewind button on the Logitech works as it should.

If I am watching a saved recording on the Spectrum App when I press rewind the menu opens from the right as if you swiped left on the Apple Remote.

I worked with Logitech support with this and since the remote works correctly for all other apps mentioned above they stated it was a Spectrum App issue.

Anyone else experiencing this while using a Logitech Harmony remote?

The entire reason for the Logitech is so that I can adjust or mute the tv and hopefully not have to use two remotes.

Thanks, phillip

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    Aug 18, 2020

Is the Logitech remote not working with the Apple TV or just Spectrum App? Does the Apple Tv remote work with the Spectrum App?

• Pasjr1972Pasjr1972 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Aug 18, 2020

Hi,

Yes, the Logitech works with all apps on the apple tv except the rewind function within the spectrum app.

The apple TV remote works correctly on all apps.

It appears that the spectrum app is receiving the code to open the menu when you press the rewind button.

I have verified the Logitech remote is sending the correct signal to the apple tv since it does rewind NetFlix, YouTube, other streaming services correctly.

Thanks,

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    Aug 18, 2020

Thanks for clarifying. I will pass this information on to the app team so they can investigate.

James

This discussion has been closed.