Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Expanded Basic channels not available

tomgreigtomgreig Posts: 5 ✭✭

I am paying extra for expanded basic but the channels do not show up on the Spectrum App. How do I make that happen?

Tagged:

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Aug 23, 2020

@tomgreig Welcome to the Spectrum Community!

Are you missing the channels at home or away from your home network?

Julia_R

• tomgreigtomgreig Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Aug 23, 2020

I have two TV's at home. A smart TV with the app loaded on it and a Roku TV with app loaded on it. Neither have the Expanded Basic channels.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Aug 23, 2020

Thank you for clarifying that. Are you seeing gold keys for the channels or error messages? Can you provide an example of some of the channels you are not seeing? Are you able to login to the networks separate apps on any of your devices?

Julia_R

Aug 24, 2020

I live in Wisconsin, just over the Illinois/Wisconsin boarder. I am paying for Expanded Basic so I can get the Chicago stations. I am able to get them when directly connected to Spectrum, but not if I use the Spectrum app.

I see no gold keys or error messages. The channel for Chicago ABC News, for instance, is channel 5. Channel 5 does not even appear on the All Channel list. It goes 1,2,3,4,6... and skips all the other Expanded Basic channels I watch.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,340 ADMIN
    Aug 24, 2020

There may be a local carriage conflict. Are you able to get your local Wisconsin based ABC channel?

Aug 24, 2020

Yes I get he Wisconsin ABC channel on the app. But that isn't the problem. I pay extra to get the Chicago stations via cable, but I can't get them on the app.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,340 ADMIN
    Aug 25, 2020

After a bit of investigation, it looks like Expanded Basic is only available on the cable set top box, and not through the app.

Aug 25, 2020

Well thanks for the info (I guess). :-)

This discussion has been closed.