Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

How to make Filter by Favorites Stick Upon App Restart

NimzovichNimzovich Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

Every time I start the app it reverts back to Filter by All Channels. Is there any way to make the filter selected stick upon restart? It’s a PITA to have to reset your filter every time the app is started (I know this is a first world problem, but it’s a problem nonetheless). The necessity of having to navigate by scrolling is the worst feature of using the app. At least with filtering by your Favorites you reduce the amount of scrolling. The app should restart with whatever filter was last used.  

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,340 ADMIN
    Aug 25, 2020

Which version Roku do you have?

• NimzovichNimzovich Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
    Aug 26, 2020

I have the Roku Ultra.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Aug 27, 2020

Thank you. In checking on this the the Roku app does not have that option currently. You would have to navigate to the option to set the filter to favorites. There are multiple things you can set up like start up channel but the favorites sort is not currently one of those options.

We will provide your feedback to our developers that this is something you would like to see happen.

Julia_R

• NimzovichNimzovich Posts: 7 ✭✭✭
    Aug 27, 2020

Here are three additional things your developers should consider to make navigating channels easier:

1. A virtual channel entry pad where you can input channel numbers.
    2. Currently you can use the rewind button to go to the previous channel selected. I would let the rewind button move back one channel in your favorites list and the forward button move forward to the next channel in favorites.
    3. Allow the Roku's voice capability to be used to enter channel numbers.
This discussion has been closed.