Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Dolby digital/manual channel entry

Daniel1978Daniel1978 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I just switched from HD DVR boxes to Roku devices and using the spectrum app. I have a few questions/suggestions. I know the Roku devices support Dolby digital audio output. I saw a question about it on this board, but that was over a year ago, and it appears that the spectrum app still does not support Dolby digital output.. I have one of my Roku devices going through my HT receiver and it's converting the PCM 2.0 signal, but I know the shows support DD5.1 so what's the hangup Spectrum??

Also for a suggestion it would be good if the app supported manual channel entry instead of having to manually scroll up or down through all the channels..

Best Answer

Replies

• Daniel1978Daniel1978 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Aug 26, 2020

Like the other user that asked about DD over year ago.. it's clear Spectrum has no plans to add DD to the app, DD support is not new so if you were going to support it you would have already done it.. Outside of fast internet Spectrum service is very disappointing..

• RichHoltyRichHolty Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 03, 2020

Yeah, I just spent an hour trying to fix this on my TV and Roku only to realize that the problem was spectrum. This is honestly worth canceling the whole service and find an alternative. The only reason they don't offer Dolby sound is greed so that you have to use one of their expensive obnoxiously large cable boxes. This is really a bad mark on Spectrum, and I was just starting to think they were making a turn for the better.

• Daniel1978Daniel1978 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 03, 2020

I am seriously looking for some type of streaming service, and potentially another internet provider.. I really want one streaming service.. it seems I find a couple different providers to get the channels I want, and that just isn't an option.. Honestly like I said earlier Spectrum internet is fast at my house and reliable, but the TV side of things is waaay behind, I am kinda looking at DirecTV's streaming only service.. but just a little bit of love from spectrum would stop me from looking.. but I don't think they really care..

This discussion has been closed.