Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Blocked domains

jacsdadjacsdad Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 27 in Email Aug 26, 2020

Since 08/20.2020, I have not received email notices from Facebook. I receive quite a few emails daily from one Facebook group and they have not made any changes and have been actively sending the mails.

Spectrum Help Center states they have not blocked @facebook.com so I wonder has anyone else encountered this?

This also happened a few months ago with classmates.com, which I just gave up on.

Any suggestions or recomendations would be appreciated.

Replies

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    Aug 26, 2020

Looks like they have started running reverse lookups more aggressively... something may have failed in routes during recursive queries.

Hopefully that is all it is and things will correct themself in time.

Hate to say it, but it must be done...

May be time to move away from Spectrum's legacy email system. It isn't really "actively" supported anymore... more a "keeping the light on" kinda thing now.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Aug 27, 2020

@jacsdad Our email is still fully supported. In most cases like you describe I would suspect that the number of emails from those domains have exceeded our limits of per hour or per day.

Once that happens they are blocked for a time. When our servers see xxx number of emails from a single domain the system flags them, in many cases that is a symptom of spam. The number of notification emails Facebook sends out, I would think especially now with more social media use, this will be the case here.

We also encourage you to login to login to https://webmail.spectrum.net/mail/auth to check your blocked or redirected section to make sure that all is well there.

Julia_R