Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Has anyone else's internet/cable been down since 3:00 yesterday afternoon?

Dink182Dink182 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Connectivity Sep 02, 2020

It was a 2 hour estimate for repair at 3:30 yesterday. As of noon today, we are still without services.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,714 helper
    Sep 02, 2020

Welcome to the community @Dink182!

1.) Where are you located? (City, State, and Zip?)

2.) Have you called Spectrum to check Voicemail for outages in your area? If there is no voicemail message, please call to report the outage.

3.) When service is restored, you should call to request a credit for the number of days you were without service.. Allow up to five business days for credit to your account.

Satch

• Dink182Dink182 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 02, 2020

Location is DeSoto, TX 75115.

Of course we have contacted Spectrum. I can't figure out why it has been 26 hours now and we are still without services. I have been a network engineer for 25+ years and I can honestly say that I would not be employed if I (or my company) had provided the level of service that Spectrum does.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,714 helper
    Sep 02, 2020

Dink,

How are you now connected to the Internet to reply to these topics? Make sure to request a downtime credit.

Were you in the path of the hurricane?

Satch

• Dink182Dink182 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 03, 2020

Come on. You really have to ask a question like that?

Fortunately, we have a Verizon hotspot that we purchased for when we are camping. It has come in very useful in the last 45 days, with all of the issues that Spectrum has had. Doesn't help out our cable, but it gives us internet access. I guess that I'll be working on getting the antenna in our attic attached to my network tuner so that I can at least get local stations the next time we have an outage.

No, we're hundreds of miles from where the hurricanes hit.