Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Why doesn't Spectrum TV app keep track of what you've watched?

marklynmarklyn Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 3 in Spectrum TV for Roku Devices Sep 03, 2020

I watch a lot of On Demand TV with my Spectrum app that is on my ROKU TV. Normally when you watch a show and stop watching it or are finished watching the entire show it's easy to know your watched TV history by looking at the blue bar indicating how much of the show you watched (in the episodes listings).

However it seems after a period of time (3-4 weeks??) all of the history disappears, except for the last 2 weeks, so now I can't tell which shows I've watched or how much of a show I watched (so I can continue watching on another day). This is so frustrating.

Is this normal behavior of the Spectrum app or the Spectrum service? I say service because if I load Spectrum on another TV with a Roku Ultra, the history is the same as with the Spectrum app on the Roku TV. Same behavior exists for the web version of the Spectrum TV.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Sep 03, 2020

Good morning!

It sounds like perhaps setting up a Watchlist would better suit your needs to keep track of programs you are wanting to watch down the road. The recently viewed does have a limited time frame and capacity.

To view your Watchlist:

1. Press the Close/Back arrow to view the Spectrum TV main menu and then select My Library.
    2. Use the navigation arrows to go to the Watchlist and browse programs you've added to your list.
    3. Press OK to select a program.

Note: Changes made to the Watchlist on the Spectrum TV channel for Roku players are associated with your Spectrum account and will therefore apply to all your devices.

Julia_R

• marklynmarklyn Posts: 66 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 03, 2020

I already have quite a few TV shows in a watchlist. The issue is that I watch episodes of a particular TV show, but not in any particular order, so after a period of time the "recently viewed" indicators go away and then I don't know if I've watched some shows or not. Is there another way to flag episodes that I've watched?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,341 Lead Mod
    Sep 03, 2020

At this time there is not a way to flag shows as watched or not watched.

We can definitely submit your interest in having some way to do that.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.