Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Frequent connection drops everyday, modem says T3 or T4 error

R491R491 Posts: 1
in Connectivity Sep 05, 2020

I’m having frequent internet connectivity drops every day always late morning/early afternoon (usually between 11:00am and 1:00pm) but also randomly throughout the day. I first got a new modem from Spectrum which didn’t change anything so I scheduled a service appointment. A tech came out replaced an old splitter and checked the signals said they were strong; he couldn’t find line damage but I don’t know how thoroughly he looked and the problem is exactly the same. I bought my own modem

to try that, a Netgear CM500, and still the same problem. Both the Spectrum modem and the new Netgear modem show the same thing: T3 and T4 errors whenever the connection drops. At this point I have no idea what’s going on and everyday there is a time when my internet is practically useless. The error log from the Netgear modem is below, I don’t have any saved from when I was using the old Spectrum modem but they look to be similar if not identical error messages.

Modem info:

Replies

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 05, 2020

Upstream may be hinting at noise in the line... could be from compromised devices/cabling/connections inside or outside the home.

Keep an eye on those numbers around the time/conditions when you expect to have stability issues. If they are creeping past 49 trying to be heard at the head end, they may also be going past 51 and triggering a reboot.

Grab captures again if you spot this pattern... everything may appear fine again at the follow up visit.