Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Motorola MB8600 for 400 Mbps

RLI0911RLI0911 Posts: 1
edited September 6 in Connectivity Sep 05, 2020

I am currently in 200 Mbps plan and considering to upgrade the service to 400 Mbps. After research and reference check of supported Modem list (https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/compliant-modems-spectrum-network/), I bought Motorola MB8600, which is future proofing and Docsis 3.1. Surprisingly, the customer service told me that the device is not supporting 400 Mbps speed and trying to sell Spectrum's own device (of course, it would be surcharged). This is not right because the website already indicated the MB8600 is able to handle higher speed. Besides, my account has incorrect device info. It still shows legacy modem TM822A, which i have already swap with MB8600. If you based on the older device to determine whether it is compatible with the upgrade, it will lead to you wrong decision. Have said so, I am just stuck here and has no clue what to do next. Is there any tech support hotline to contact to resolve the issue? It would be appreciated someone from Spectrum side could offer a solution to this soon.

Thank you.

RL

Replies

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 35 MOD
    Sep 06, 2020

Welcome RLI0911,

The MB8600 is rated for up to 400 Mbps download. The list that you linked is the most up to date list of what speeds the modems are rated for on our network. The swap can be completed via calling in to 855-707-7328 and if you already own the modem can be completed at the same time as the upgrade. Though if you were to use our modem, there is no surcharge for the equipment with our Spectrum plan, only if you were using a legacy Time Warner Cable or Brighthouse plan, but the upgrade in service would convert you to the Spectrum plan automatically.

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 06, 2020

Yeah... it has to be provisioned properly by calling in and giving them specific details of the hardware like the MAC and/or Serial Number from the product label.

If that information is not registered properly, weird things will happen.