Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Call Guard replaces Nomorobo soon.

AntDudeAntDude Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 6 in Digital Phone Sep 06, 2020

I just noticed this in the new monthly bill statement:

"COMING IN NOVEMBER – CALL GUARD

At Spectrum, we continually evaluate our products to ensure we are bringing you superior services. In the coming weeks, you will receive access to Call Guard, a new feature of Spectrum Voice® that will automatically protect you against security threats that come from unwanted or fraudulent calls. As a result, we will no longer be providing or supporting Nomorobo when Call Guard launches in November."

Does anyone know how good Call Guard is over Nomorobo? I can't seem to find anything about it on the Internet. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,711 helper
    Sep 07, 2020

Guys,

Some mobile phones already have Call Guard. Hopefully the transition will be automatic so that if you have Nomorobo activated, Call Guard will replace it in your Voice Phone settings without having to do anything. I am most interested in any improvments in Call Guard over Nomorrobo. It should be free just like Nomorobo, and will provide better landline call blocking.

Satch

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 07, 2020

Satch, how well does it work compared to Nomorobo?

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,711 helper
    Sep 07, 2020

Sup @AntDude?

Not sure, as I just heard about this for the first time myself. I did some brief Internet browsing and found out only in a very general way that Call Guard has technologies that are better than Nomorobo.

Satch

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 13, 2020

Quoting @Satch " .. found out only.in a very general way that Call Guard has technologies that are better than Nomorobo."

Which suggests the designers of spam dialing equipment are about two steps behind Call Guard, instead of just one for Nomorobo. The FCC's Rules still fail to keep pace with the wishes of all 50 state PUCs, nor with folks on the "Do Not Call" registry.