Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Why can't I watch a 3rd show when I am recording two others?

cbmattickcbmattick Posts: 9 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Sep 07, 2020

Evidently there is a limit of being able to record only two shows at once. Why? Then when it becomes time for the two shows to record, if I am on another channel, I get a message on screen that asks me whether I want to cancel one of the two recordings. I seem not to be able to watch anything else if there are two shows being recorded at the same time. Why? It is REALLY limiting. Makes me wish I had not switched from AT&T U-Verse.

Accepted Answers

• cbmattickcbmattick Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Sep 07, 2020 Accepted Answer

Is this a "world" box that Spectrum supplies? And, the other limitation I have found is that the set top box in the living room can record two shows and the one in the bedroom can record two shows, but you cannot watch a show in the living room that you recorded on the bedroom set top box. Why is that? And, will this "world" box solve that problem?

Sep 08, 2020 Accepted Answer

Thanks! My guess is that 4 tuner boxes are more expensive monthly than 2 tuner boxes, right? How much more?

Sep 09, 2020 Accepted Answer

Thanks, Satch!

BTW, I am in the San Antonio, TX market. Tyleen, are you in the San Antonio market?

Tyleen, Satch - This 2 tuner vs 4 or 6 tuner thing causes such a disparity in service between Spectrum and AT&T. Why wouldn't Spectrum offer boxes with more tuners? Are they more expensive and Spectrum is trying to cut costs? Is there any after market / beyond Spectrum solution?

Also, I am re-reading the posts and I am wondering about the importance of a clock. Does the box need a clock in order to record a show at a particular time?

Tyleen - A question I asked Satch and he did not know the answer to: why can't I record a show on one box and go in another room and watch it there? Do you know why this is?

My boxes are Cisco 8742HDC. When I have rebooted them, a Technicolor screen comes on. So, they must be the ODN 2 tuner boxes.