Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Daily disconnects since service installed with no resolution. Logs attached

topoisomerasetopoisomerase Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Connectivity Sep 08, 2020

I've only been a customer for a couple of months but I've had very regular headaches - primarily, several generally brief periods of disconnect/intermittent connectivity every day. I have observed this both from devices directly connected to my modem/router and over 2.4/5GHz WiFi. There is no obvious pattern to the intermittent connectivity.

I recently had a service call about this after explaining my issues to phone support (they saw no issues). The engineer stated all power levels/etc were within expectations, and did tests both at the vault (conveniently in front of my home) and inside at the wall coax access point. He did note that the crimp on the line going into the house was shady and replaced it. He wasn't able to speak to my router logs but suggested I rule out the cable modem/router itself. I didn't think this was likely but was willing to try.

I've now reproduced the daily brief disconnects over the past three days since switching my Netgear modem/router to a new Motorola unit. I see no differences in behavior. I always see "MDD MESSAGE TIMEOUT" followed by "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing" errors in the logs at times of connectivity loss.

I've also switched out my wall-to-router coax cable, though both runs were brand new. I feel that my next step is to request escalation to an internal engineer at Spectrum, as I have multiple days of logs with issues in hand. But I first would like to share with the experts here in the hopes you will see something of note.

The attached represent the event log and connection status from yesterday evening after experiencing some issues. I have other files as well. Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,269 ADMIN
    Sep 09, 2020

What equipment are you using and how are you connected?

• topoisomerasetopoisomerase Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 09, 2020

Presently a Motorola MG7550. I had the same results with equipment I had successfully used elsewhere for a year - Netgear C7000. Direct connection to the wall coax. Coax run goes directly to the exterior panel at the house.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,269 ADMIN
    Sep 10, 2020

Thanks. Not seeing any obvious issues with the signals. What is your subscribed speed and zip code?

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 10, 2020

About the only thing really "out of sorts" is the noise level shift at 507Mhz... that dip down towards a 35 SNR while the rest are remaining higher.

May be some odd ingress creeping in there. Tracking it down will be tricky though if it is that obscure a thing.

Keep an eye on those SNR figures and the upstream power to see how much they are shifting. If they are going off the rails, that may indicate noise getting in somehow and will need to look closer to find that point of entry.

• topoisomerasetopoisomerase Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Sep 10, 2020

@James_M 93446 AND 100 Mbit.

I should say there is lively discussion on our neighborhood social media about daily disconnects being common, along with a need to reboot routers. Perhaps the headend could use a look? I suppose with the hot weather there might also be a broadband amplifier getting flaky? In any case, I suspect it is not something unique to my situation based on what I am hearing.